Next bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gman2304
I would take a small step up to a used Dyna. The Dyna is the lowest cost Harley available with the Big Twin. You should be ale to get one for around 6 to 7K. FI, and the odds are the PO has already farkled it and is selling it for a good price. I've had my 09 Superglide for just over a year and it has exceeded my expectations. PO added a two up seat, passenger backrest and luggage rack, Rush baffled slip ons, Windshield, chrome fork lowers, chrome belt guard and chrome sprocket cover etc....! It's getting ready to trip 32,000 miles and I've only had to replace the rear brake light switch. It doesn't leak or use oil and I change the oil around every 3,000 miles using Valvoline Vr1 conventional. I've ridden it 10,000 miles in just over a year. Rode to Rolling Thunder in D.C. in May, 800 miles total and was very comfortable. It's a Harley and shakes at idle but smooths out nicely at speed. I'm planning on checking the cam chain and cam shoes this fall. I gave $6,000 for it, so a used Dyna won't break the bank.

The reason I am considering a Sportster is that I have absolutely no interest in any Twin Cam under any circumstances.

Originally Posted By: Ausfahrt
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I have been thinking-though not immediately-about another bike. One obvious choice is tbe 650 Burgman Executive. The other is one I only found out about recently: the 2004-08 XL1200R, or XL883R. Yes, that is the early Sportster Roadster. Anyone famiar with them?

How tall are you?

I would love to be able to live with a Sportster but alas, at 6-5 that is not an option for me.

Have you looked at the Kawasaki Versys 650?

I am 5'10", though with fairly short legs. You could ride a Sporty...just sit on the pillon.

No chaindrive bikes.

Buy a Burgman Executive.....! The first time the carbureted Harley spits back through the carb, you'll be on here trashing Harley's like your anti Harley posts in the past! You most likely won't be happy with any Harley model!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back