NewEngland vs KC what a 4th quarter/ and OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rand
The saints game unasked question

"how do you feel about the refs winning the game today"

The patriots game question

Why Andy Reid thought man 2(or whatever the technical name for that defense is) would work down they had to stop them.
The defense was predictable which isnt good, even if they have good players executing it.

One KC does not have good players on defense. Like I said above KC DB's were beat within 5 yards just burned. Two when KC adjusted to two high either Cover 2 or two high man with nickel two down linemen NE just ran the ball and all over KC. KC has the 31st out of 32 defenses for a reason.

no comments about the refs...just so so so very sick of the overtime rules in the NFL. So many times the coin flip determines the winner.

Originally Posted by pda1122
The refs were calling interference on the patriots but not kc

Two pass plays for NE were called completions that clearly weren't, both allowed the drive to continue, and KC was called for roughing the passer that clearly wasn't a penalty, which also extended a drive...

Originally Posted by DriveHard
no comments about the refs...just so so so very sick of the overtime rules in the NFL. So many times the coin flip determines the winner.

Life itself is sorta random. As been said multiple time, there's 3 phases of the game, offense, defense and special teams. You need to be able to play them all. When the offense has the ball, it's up to the defense to stop them. If they can't, they don't deserve to win.

I think overtime is fairer than it used to be, all you had to do was kick a field goal before. But now if you can't stop the first drive from getting a touchdown, then you don't deserve to win.

Originally Posted by grampi
The Pats got a lot help from the refs. Almost every bad call (and there were a lot of them) went in favor of NE. I don'y mind bad officiating so much when both teams get screwed equally, but this crew was so bad they should've been wearing Pats uniforms...

That was true up to a point. Then the Refs gave the Chiefs several calls in a row to get them ahead on the scoreboard. So once again, Chiefs game to win or lose...with DEFENSE.

The Patriots man-handled the Chiefs in the first half...and could have been up even more. Pats played better in the final 6 minutes. That's the game right there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Bad call against KC for roughing passer when KC was just trying to block Brady's pass.

Offside and end of the game killed KC.

Yup, bad call. One of many on both sides. How about Brady reciprocating after the so-called "fumble" by Edelmen was overturned? Next play Brady tossed a high pass that was tipped by Edelman and gave the ball right back to KC...which then put the Chiefs ahead 24-17 about 30 seconds later. Their game to win or lose from there. They didn't take care of business. Let the Pats hang around long enough, and they just might beat you.

Last edited:
The Pats got a lot help from the refs. Almost every bad call (and there were a lot of them) went in favor of NE. I don'y mind bad officiating so much when both teams get screwed equally, but this crew was so bad they should've been wearing Pats uniforms...

How long has Tom Brady been living rent-free in your head now? Fifteen years?

Jarlaxle, ouch. Better give grampy an ice pack, because that one stung
lol.gif

All in good fun. If KC had won, I would have been disappointed, but after that 4th quarter you could see both teams deserve respect.

It's irrational to think the NFL somehow wants the Patriots to continue winning in the modern salary cap parody NFL. The NFL has tried to clip the Patriots wings taking away draft picks. Fines. The Patriots draft last or next-to-last every year. So just stop.

Here's a real conspiracy. Chiefs fans deliberately shining lasers in Tom Brady's face during the game.
https://twitter.com/WilliamKMBC/status/1087467244890869761?s=19

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I really love how the people who beat the cheating/conspiracy drum the loudest can't understand how unlikely it is that so many refs, so many play reviews over so many years all "going the Pats' way" is nigh impossible, and also not borne out by the in-depth review of these "myths". The Pats are like 20th on the list of most roughing the passer calls since the "Brady Rule" was instituted. The Bills, who are the most vocal advocates of claiming preferential calls for Brady, have actually been the most frequent recipients of roughing the passer calls.

Opinions without data always results in a skewed perspective of the truth...

01.gif

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Bad call against KC for roughing passer when KC was just trying to block Brady's pass.

Offside and end of the game killed KC.

Yup, bad call. One of many on both sides. How about Brady reciprocating after the so-called "fumble" by Edelmen was overturned? Next play Brady tossed a high pass that was tipped by Edelman and gave the ball right back to KC...which then put the Chiefs ahead 24-17 about 30 seconds later. Their game to win or lose from there. They didn't take care of business. Let the Pats hang around long enough, and they just might beat you.

I don't know how you can say there were many bad calls on both sides. I saw only two missed PI penalties, or illegal contact calls that weren't call against KC. Every close call in the game went in favor of NE, they had two critical pass plays that were ruled completions that were actually incompletions, and the roughing the passer call against KC that wasn't roughing at all, and all of these calls kept drives alive...without these bad calls KC likely wins...

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

In case you haven't noticed, the only people who don't hate Brady and the Pats are Pats fans...

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by DriveHard

Life itself is sorta random. As been said multiple time, there's 3 phases of the game, offense, defense and special teams. You need to be able to play them all. When the offense has the ball, it's up to the defense to stop them. If they can't, they don't deserve to win.

I think overtime is fairer than it used to be, all you had to do was kick a field goal before. But now if you can't stop the first drive from getting a touchdown, then you don't deserve to win.

NCAA has it figured out...but somehow the NFL still thinks it is ok to leave it up to chance. Yes, it is better than it used to be, but there is clearly a model out there that is much better, and the NFL refuses to adopt it. Personally I think they should play a fifth entire quarter...

In case you haven't noticed, the only people who don't hate Brady and the Pats are Pats fans...

Enough grumpy. Your hate is blinding any logic. Enough.

One of the Brady pics was in the endzone. Another pic was close enough for a field goal. So that's 10 points for the Patriots lost. The majority of the KC points were scored on a rookie Pats DB getting beat, getting repeated pass interference penalties all the way down the field. If the Patriots played a clean game it would have been a route. Patriots mistakes are the reason it was close at all. Andy Reid cannot beat Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. That's the truth. It's always been that way. Like it or not.

Can the Rams beat the Patriots? Sure they can. Holding on and beating the Chiefs was exhausting. So it's very possible the Rams can pull it off. Why? Because of the scheme. What Andy Reid doesn't understand. The Rams running scheme has always been a problem for the Patriots. Something the Rams coach knows.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals

Enough grumpy. Your hate is blinding any logic. Enough.

Says a Pats fan...

I like NE and I'm a Cowboy fan.
Peoples irrational hate is blinding them from enjoying a playoff run that will never be duplicated.
Brady is just amazing.

Originally Posted by Dallas69
I like NE and I'm a Cowboy fan.
Peoples irrational hate is blinding them from enjoying a playoff run that will never be duplicated.
Brady is just amazing.

Nobody is saying Brady or the Pats aren't great, but people (other than Pats fans) are sick of seeing the Pats in the SB every year...it's way beyond getting old...

. I'm a Panthers fan who appreciates what the Patriots, Belichick and Brady have accomplished over the years. Their record backs that up. Most Panther fans would trade Cam Newton for Brady straight up! At 41 years old I will take Brady over any starting QB in the NFL! Not a fan or a hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back