New Z is looking pretty sweet........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it is nice. I never really liked the bubbly bulky look of the current 350Z. it is also fairly heavy for a sports coupe. The new Z comes with a bigger engine (3.7) and has shed some weight. A 7 speed automatic will also be offered in addition to a 6 speed manual. It is also shorter than the 350Z. Can't wait for these to hit the lot and test drive.

BTW, nice find! Last time I checked, the only pics available were the camouflaged version, covered in plastic. That color is also very nice.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing it in person, too. IMO it's got much more of the first and second gen Z in it, looks wise, than the 350 has. And I think that's an improvement.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Looks like they took the old one and turned it into a girl's car.
They took a girls car and turned it into a more girls car. It is Nissan ugly.

I like it. It bears evolved resemblance to the old 240/260/280Z shape. Good move by Nissan, I say.

Originally Posted By: Spartuss
Yep, it is nice. I never really liked the bubbly bulky look of the current 350Z. it is also fairly heavy for a sports coupe. The new Z comes with a bigger engine (3.7) and has shed some weight. A 7 speed automatic will also be offered in addition to a 6 speed manual. It is also shorter than the 350Z. Can't wait for these to hit the lot and test drive.

BTW, nice find! Last time I checked, the only pics available were the camouflaged version, covered in plastic. That color is also very nice.

I like the look of the current Z. The new one looks ugly. I don't see the current one as being bubbly.

I would of thought they would have changed it a bit more then that. I REALLY like nissans change from the infinity g35 to the new g37.

370z is nice all the same.

the new Z is nice more power less weight and better handling. The current z is amazing i can't wait for the new one. I'm a honda fan boy but nissan is making moves.

Looks uglier than the current one...I wouldn't feel good driving that thing, BUT:
The best example of "uglyfying" a car is when BMW went from the E46 nose to the current E92 nose.

The E46 (updated) nose looks so much cleaner, classier and sharper than the *****, overdone E92 nose to me.

The current Z to me would look better than it does if it were available in more than two colors. I've only ever seen them in white and silver. NOT the most aggressive colors you can find... hence the "girly" reputation.

The new model harkens back to the old 240/280 styling. Not a bad thing IMHO. I like the lights; the wheels... not so much. Why does every sports car now have "Pimp" wheels? If I wanted my car to look like it had dubs or 22's I'd do like all the other poor people and go down to the Rim Shop and get some spinner chrome 24's and get them financed for 14 years for my '82 Caprice Donk. I'm *sure* the car will still be around two decades from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back