New USA 0W30 Castrol ( AC ???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

The reply "You can rest assured that Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 available in North America, is the exact same product as Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 manufactured in Germany"

A few years ago they said the same thing about North America 0w 30 and GC 0w 30. of course back than they were not even the same color. I have not seen GC at local AZ for more than a year now. All they seem to have is the much less desirable North America 0w 30.

Thing is the study showed that GC was not just simply a POA with an additive pack, it is a blend of PAO and Ester formulas that makes it special. And if it were to blended here I do not trust the American blenders to use the same formulation even if they had it sitting right in front of them with connect the dots instructions, they would look at all that very expensive ester and say, we don't need all that, I can save some cost and not use as much of this high price stuff and put in some nice GIII instead. The american driving public will never know the difference.

Sounds like a new round of hoarding the German bottles will begin this weekend. My planned future use of GC in my Colorado 4X4 is now officially on hold.

To the OP, can you check out the batch numbers? I was at an Autozone today, and they still had plenty of German Gold, with no American blend (old or new) in sight.

quote:

Originally posted by akuska:
I was at an Autozone today, and they still had plenty of German Gold, with no American blend (old or new) in sight.

A close by store still have plenty of pre-GC on the shelf.
I check the dates, it's been made in 2001.
It magically appeared on the shelf about 10 months ago and been sitting there since then accumulating dust. No takers.
grin.gif

I'll keep an eye out for this new blend for my girl friend's up coming oil change. She'll get an Ecore oil filter along with a Blackstone UOA too.

quote:

Originally posted by Ray H:
So much blind speculation that the sky is falling and so few facts to back it up. Geez, people, take a chill pill.

Shoot Ray, no need for a chill pill here! With one-hundred-thirty-something quarts of lovely green-ness stashed in my garage, my office, and my BOQ, threads like this are mere amusement to me. That said, I did happen by a couple Pensacola area AZ stores this weekend. All stock was gold, no pre-GC, no green, and none of this possibly mythical new "AC" either.

Even if this new AC stuff does appear, I'll probably pass on it, moving on to RL or M1EP. I'm just not into that AC-GC lifestyle thing. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 007008:
I was in an Auto Zone about a week ago, saw "New Euro Formula SYNtec 0W30 made in USA. I did not buy any, but instead e-mailed Castrol Consumer Relations. I stated that the German Castrol carried a lot of respect on various web sites, but the USA made Syn was a different story...
and what was the formulation of the new American made 0w30
The reply "You can rest assured that Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 available in North America, is the exact same product as Castrol SYNTEC 0w-30 manufactured in Germany"
Consumer Relations
Castrol North America

So... do we now have AC (American Castrol)???

So, are you just sitting back and laughing at the drama you caused. This is all a hoax. GC is still GC. The only USA made Castrol 0w30 was made back in 2001.

Are you sure about the hoax part? BC is now made in the US. I don't think there have been any "bad" reports about cheapening of the 5w40, but it was never particularly popular on this forum anyway.

i'm believing Coop, not 007. it's too disturbing to accept what 007 has suggested. if it's not 'made in germany' i'm gonna pass on it too. the title of this forum would have to change if gc wasn't a euro/import anymore.

I would be very interested in funding another study on this oil so we could see how it compares to GC Green and GC Gold. With all the post this has received - there are probably quite a few others that would agree.

I'm pretty new to this site so I wasn't here when you guys did your last analysis of Gold - any way to get this rolling again - how much did it cost? How long did it take?

Could someone upload pictures of this so we have proof of this new "American GC?" I'll stop by AutoZone sometime this week and see if there are any as my AZs sell their GC stock consistently every week.

I missed the in-depth analysis too. BTW it was Green GC tested not Gold.
If the US-made 0w30 Syntec turns to be the real deal, I'm pretty sure this board members will have no problems funding the analysis.
The question is: who will perform the tests?

Just got back from a couple of AZ and it still has the yellow banner with red letters saying "Euro Formula" and made in Germany on the back with the red banner sae 0w-30 also.

No USA made stuff found...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back