New USA 0W30 Castrol ( AC ???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine our intrepid thread starter, 007, is not disappointed -- I'm thinking he's quite amused at this point. He promised to stay with it, but didn't -- all but vanishing, except when the thread was about to peter out. We asked him for evidence, but didn't get it. At least Titan kept at it. Yep, a pretty sad saga. . .

i'd say this one is "busted".

-

quote:

Originally posted by got_titan:
well either way i told you i saw it and i did! i would not have thought this would have been 5 year old oil still sitting on shelves??? either way its american made 0w-30

Titan:

Please do understand that none of this is meant as an attack on you. That said, the issue is not the existence of pre-GC American made 0w-30. It is not disputed that Castrol brewed a 0w-30 Syntec for a substantial time before they started importing the German version. The real question is whether or not Castrol has, as of mid-2006, again started shipping an American made 0w-30. Even though your pictures plainly depict the OLD US made product, this of course, does not disprove the existence of the mysterious alleged "New AC". It's still going to take some time, or a direct statement from Castrol (yeah right...) to nail this down for sure. Of course, a mea culpa from 007 would be nice too, but I think that falls into the "yeah right" category too. . . Again, thank you for the effort in following through.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
I imagine our intrepid thread starter, 007, is not disappointed -- I'm thinking he's quite amused at this point. He promised to stay with it, but didn't -- all but vanishing, except when the thread was about to peter out. We asked him for evidence, but didn't get it.

The mark of good trolling. Bump the thread when it's ready to die, then once again disappear...
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by speedtc:
rolleyes.gif

Yet you keep coming back for more. . .
tongue.gif

Hey, we've now disproved two of the three claimed sightings, albeit with a fair of tail-chasing in the interim. Since 007 hasn't offered up any evidence, and hasn't had the 'nads or the decency to return and back away gracefully, I think we can dismiss the first claim (his) by default. That should do it -- for now.

well i apologize for not being 100% on top of the oil debate...i did read the greman castrol info and did see mention that there was a pre german castrol american 0w-30. i did not see any pics that i remember?? i also did not believe that i would see a 5 year old oil still being sold by the cases?? how was i supposed to know this stuff was still around? now i regret even saying a word a next time i will not! all i know is i saw an american 0w-30 and i didnt know it was 5 years old still sitting on the shelves...heck there was cases!! i apologize for not being fully educated on this matter!

Hey, no sweat. If everyone knew everything about all of these oils, there wouldn't be much need for a forum like this. I've learned a great deal while here, as can anyone who cares to keep an open mind. I think I can speak for most of us in thanking you for demonstrating class and courage in you last posting.
cheers.gif

Titan, your efforts are much appreciated. Taking pictures is the best evidence anyone can provide.
grin.gif

A little snippet from the FAQ:

quote:

From FAQ - GC ( German Castrol ):
  • U.S.
    • No need to look at the date code, it'll say "Made in the U.S.A." on the back.
    • It was last made in 2002, but many AutoZones still have some lying around.
Click here for some photos of US and Green GC.

Jeez
this is like a bad soap opera that you hate to watch but just have too.

At least Got Titan came through with a bottle.

To drag a 4-posts-per-year member out of the moth ball, this subject must be important. Welcome back, LordAbbett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back