New tread pattern and deep siping of UNIROYAL Tiger Paw Touring A/S...

Found the new A/S at C.R. , think it is V-rated . You can see the difference in tread pattern .

IMG_6849.JPG
IMG_6928.JPG

Had a new set bought in 1989, Uniroyal Tiger Paws almost got 100k out of them..... 99,650 miles for the set. Most impressive set of tires I've ever owned.

Back in the day when it was Good Year, Firestone, General, Continental, Michelin and a very few other players, compacency in quality was rather rampant - the latest (that I know of) being the Firestone debacle with Ford's Explorers. Firestone, thankfully, is part of Bridgestone, even though Firesteone tires are what I consider a marginally acceptable substitute for driving on the wheel rim.

Considering that Uniroyal and B.F. Goodrich (and probably others) are owned by Michelin, I suspect that regardless of what plant in what country the tires are made, Michelin 'eyes' will be watching over the entire process. In this age of global manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, I doubt that no major company worth its salt will knowingly let its quality go into the tank.

Then again, we had the GM cars of the 70s and 80s, so I guess anything is possible.

Back in the day when it was Good Year, Firestone, General, Continental, Michelin and a very few other players, compacency in quality was rather rampant - the latest (that I know of) being the Firestone debacle with Ford's Explorers. Firestone, thankfully, is part of Bridgestone, even though Firesteone tires are what I consider a marginally acceptable substitute for driving on the wheel rim.

Considering that Uniroyal and B.F. Goodrich (and probably others) are owned by Michelin, I suspect that regardless of what plant in what country the tires are made, Michelin 'eyes' will be watching over the entire process. In this age of global manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, I doubt that no major company worth its salt will knowingly let its quality go into the tank.

Then again, we had the GM cars of the 70s and 80s, so I guess anything is possible.

Michelin used to contract the production of their cheaper tires to Hankook - no more. They bought out an Indonesian tire maker, and own Warrior Tire in China.

Bridgestone’s MO for Firestone is to use previous-generation tech from the top-tier lines but they have their own “identity”. That said, I do recommend the Firestone Destination line. Conti uses the same approach with General.

Back