new uniroyal at discount tire

Has anyone gotten Tiger Paw touring AS tires from DT recently? I came across these on the website and it caught my attention as the tread is only 3 circumferntial grooves with no center tread rib. As opposed to all other photos I could find that have the typical 4 grooves and center rib. I just looked a new one on the rack at WM this morning and it was the 4 groove design, maybe this is a Discount only tire?

Any thoughts on no center rib? Ive never had a tire that didn't have one, does it handle better worse etc?

Attachments

• tiger paw.jpg
    tiger paw.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 52
yep...
this is the tread picture you'll always see for Pirelli P4's:
PRODUCT_201909140120_tire_24787_1000_front.png_dt-product-desktop

when i had a set installed on my Neon (back in maybe 2012, 13?) in the factory 185/60 15, there was no center rib. just a small gap between the major blocks.
something like this quick edit i just made in MSpaint..
PRODUCT_201909140120_tire_24787_1000_front.png

still the best all season tires i've ever had.

"The Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S DT (Different Tread) is a next gen tire from the original Tiger Paw Touring A/S with a different tread design. The Tiger Paw Touring A/S DT is an all-season tire with 3 large circumferential grooves"

Maybe in time we can better understand if this "different tread" is suppose to have some improvements or why they are making a design change at this time.

Thats whats odd, I have seen pictures all over of the A/S DT tread and this is the first Ive seen of the 3 groove phots. I even saw it at WM yesterday, a 4 groove tread with the DT marking on the sidewall.

Attachments

• tiger paw as dt.jpg
    tiger paw as dt.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 30
Pictures of the new Tiger Paw A/S with the new tread pattern and more deep sipes are below . Page 2 has the original tread pattern . Many seem to like them .

Is there a point where you get too many sipes? I’ve never had a tire cut up as much as the new tiger paw or some of the Michelins I see but have wondered if they would feel squirmy from all the tread wiggle. I always feel a difference with new tires just from taller tread blocks and seems like cutting those blocks up would make it worse.

Many sipes good . Especially the deep ones . Do wonders for the RT43 (H) and the COOPER Evolution Winter tires .

Back