Uniroyal Tiger Paw

I've seen a couple of negative posts about these tires recently. I have the Tiger Paw Touring A/S tires on two of my vehicles and have been very pleased. What are some of the negative aspects of the tires that I've missed?

I wasn't impressed with them on our CRV, seemed like low grip in snow. Yes I know, it's not a snow tire, but compared to my RT43's they seemed deficient. I'd have to look to see how long they are lasting, but I know they are not wearing great--but then again, the car is hardly new and much of that is probably related to wearing out.

They might be less loud as they age, unlike my RT43's which are notorious for noise at the end. But I've never had a vehicle with both so that's not a valid comparison.

I have a one year old set of Tiger Paw AWP II's on a 1986 Mercury Cougar.

They're a fine tire, as long as you set your expectations accordingly, considering their price point. They're offered as a "name brand" alternative to Chinese/imported tires.

I put some on a 2011 Camry when the factory tires needed replaced. They were fine until they wore and got very loud.

I have the Touring DT M+S with a dot code of 0313. They were almost brand new when I purchased my Buick (2018) with 10ish/32 tread on them, they were very loud depending on the surface. As they have aged, now with 7ish/32, they seem quieter. As far as handling, I'm not a spirited driver so they work for me. I don't drive the Buick when snow/salt is on the road so I have no idea how the handle in the snow. They are just now starting to show some signs of cracking around the rim, not bad for a 9 year old tire but I will be replacing them within the next couple years due to age.

I'm guessing when the previous owner had new tires put on they were old stock or they just didn't drive much between 2013 and 2018.

I put them on my Acura tl years ago and was very disappointed with them. They are awful in snow and rain . My front wheels will spin when I pull away from a stop light whenever the ground is wet from rain. I'd rather have chinese tires instead of this usa made crap

Last edited:
Back