who made Uniroyal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DakAttack
Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
Uniroyal is owned by Michelin and their tires are made in the US and Canada. I cannot say I have ever met someone that was a fan of their tires.

I Put uniroyal tiger paw touring tires on my wife's suv that were made in Indonesia. Ended up replacing one of them with a uniroyal AS65 tire that was made in China. I wish their tires were only made in the U.S and Canada.
I've got a pair of Unis made in Indonesia in 205 60 15 on the rear of a Camry which have been very good. Stick well and wear very well. I'd buy them again but I can't find them on any of the big intenet sites.

Originally Posted By: turboseize
In Europe, Uniroyal is a sub-brand of Continental.
Uniroyal was sold, alonmg with the BF Goodrich name to Michelin in 1990. The tire business in Europe must be real cozy. Uniroyal was started around the turn of the last century just outside of New London COnnecticut.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I never got more than 30k out of any of my 3 sets of Tiger paws.. I guess I'm too abusive.
Many Tiger paws were made in Providence, RI in the 60s. The Tiger Paw was a good wet weather tire but the soft compound didn't wear well.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: turboseize
In Europe, Uniroyal is a sub-brand of Continental.
Uniroyal was sold, alonmg with the BF Goodrich name to Michelin in 1990. The tire business in Europe must be real cozy. Uniroyal was started around the turn of the last century just outside of New London COnnecticut.

only uniroyal USA apparently... continental still owns uniroyal in europe. it's one of continentals 10 or so B- and C-brands

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: DakAttack
Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
Uniroyal is owned by Michelin and their tires are made in the US and Canada. I cannot say I have ever met someone that was a fan of their tires.

I Put uniroyal tiger paw touring tires on my wife's suv that were made in Indonesia. Ended up replacing one of them with a uniroyal AS65 tire that was made in China. I wish their tires were only made in the U.S and Canada.
I've got a pair of Unis made in Indonesia in 205 60 15 on the rear of a Camry which have been very good. Stick well and wear very well. I'd buy them again but I can't find them on any of the big intenet sites.

Just got out of work and traveled through this blizzard we're having in my wife's suv, the uniroyals are performing excellently.
We purchased ours at bjs wholesale club.

I've had weird experiences with uniroyals. last set came to me brand new on a used car. 3 were truly excellent tires. 1 was so badly out of round you could SEE it. On the back of the car, it was not noticed until I eventually rotated them, then it was multiple trips to try to balance the wobble, to no avail. Finally with the car jacked and the tire spinning in gear, you could easily see the gap closing and opening above the garage floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back