New Toyota CAF @ 26k miles

Replaced the factory CAF in my hybrid Venza with a new Toyota filter. Pics of both below.

Attachments

• 20221229_083401.jpg
    20221229_083401.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20221229_083519.jpg
    20221229_083519.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 87
Color difference is likely not an indicator of the OE's dirtiness. Your Venza's factory filter had activated carbon impregnated into it to reduce odors in the cabin. The replacement filter plainly lacks the activated carbon feature.

Color difference is likely not an indicator of the OE's dirtiness. Your Venza's factory filter had activated carbon impregnated into it to reduce odors in the cabin. The replacement filter plainly lacks the activated carbon feature.

Maybe, but non-carbon filters can still look like the first one after awhile :sneaky:

From looking on Toyota's part site, it seems like they do offer both versions at the parts counter :unsure:
87139-58010 is the charcoal
87139-YZZ37 is the white non-carbon version

Looking at the image under extreme enlargement and seeing the evenness of the coloration, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Maybe, but non-carbon filters can still look like the first one after awhile :sneaky:

From looking on Toyota's part site, it seems like they do offer both versions at the parts counter :unsure:
87139-58010 is the charcoal
87139-YZZ37 is the white non-carbon version
Yes and no ... I doubt that non-carbon filters would get dirty and have the evenness of discoloration across the entire filter. But yes, a dirty filter could look quite similar.

Toyota offers a more expensive carbon/charcoal and cheaper non-carbonated replacement.

The price for the carbon was a bit steep for my liking so l purchased the cheaper version.

The filter l replaced was actually clean with the exception of the leaves.

I kind of hate how both my old 03 and 05 gmc's don't have a cabin air filter when the 99-02 did. But the 03-06 refresh got rid of it as d*mn government motors somehow found a way to make an extra 4.318 cents of profit on each one. Have to turn the ac off when driving on my dirt roads if there's someone in front of me kicking up dust.

Back