New Toro- Uneven Cut

Since you bought it from a small shop they may send a tech out to you for adjustments. Plus they can see your lawn for troubleshooting purposes.

I just rechecked everything. Front to Rear was 1/4 more than spec’d in the manual. I had 1/2 inch and the manual calls for no more than 1/4 of an inch. I adjusted it back out and adjusted tire pressures. 15lbs rear and 20lbs front casters. We will see how this does the next cut. Thanks guys.

I just rechecked everything. Front to Rear was 1/4 more than spec’d in the manual. I had 1/2 inch and the manual calls for no more than 1/4 of an inch. I adjusted it back out and adjusted tire pressures. 15lbs rear and 20lbs front casters. We will see how this does the next cut. Thanks guys.
Did you get the anti-scalp wheels moved up to the higher holes?

Well, I leveled the deck front to rear (it’s level left to right), adjusted tire pressures to 15lbs rear and 20lbs front and raised the anti scalp wheels. No noticeable change in cut and it is still uneven.

I contacted Toro. Let’s see if they step up.

Fresh pictures.

Attachments

• 2C157627-D848-45BA-813F-3E866DD7D57D.jpeg
    2C157627-D848-45BA-813F-3E866DD7D57D.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 272FEC3E-6A42-4CE9-A9A1-15E847DED3E9.jpeg
    272FEC3E-6A42-4CE9-A9A1-15E847DED3E9.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 47
This is more prevalent cutting short … can you mow a setting higher so the deck pressure is less ?

Did you try swapping the blades around to see if it still does it on the same side?
so haven’t but I don’t think that would help. If you look at the pictures, the lines come from the downhill side of the deck. It’s almost like the mower just leans too much on the slight slopes.

so haven’t but I don’t think that would help. If you look at the pictures, the lines come from the downhill side of the deck. It’s almost like the mower just leans too much on the slight slopes.
so cutting the opposite direction makes it cut low on the opposite side? It’s hard to tell the scale of the lines from the pictures. Those don’t look 38-40” wide in the pic but that could just be the magic of pictures vs seeing in person.

so cutting the opposite direction makes it cut low on the opposite side? It’s hard to tell the scale of the lines from the pictures. Those don’t look 38-40” wide in the pic but that could just be the magic of pictures vs seeing in person.
Each line you see is from one pass down and one pass back. It leaves a line in both directions.

Each line you see is from one pass down and one pass back. It leaves a line in both directions.
Very strange. I’d call the dealer you got it from and have them address if cutting it taller doesn’t correct it.

HAHAHAH. I heard from Toro. They emailed back and sent a link to their “Help Video” page and suggested I look up the “Blade Maintenance” video. I can’t be sure but for some reason I don’t think that’s even the same style mower.

Attachments

• 2C6CE81E-9F14-4B48-A349-3D45F25451F0.jpeg
    2C6CE81E-9F14-4B48-A349-3D45F25451F0.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 10
Lets look at your blades. Blade grind angles and surface finish can have a big impact on some lawnmowers some more than others. Do you know what angle the blades are sharpened at now? Typically a new blade can be 30, 35, or even 45 degrees. I can tell you those blades with 35 and 45 degree angle cut the blades of grass awful. Not only do they mostly rip the top of the grass blade off the also can push the blades of grass down somewhat when cutting in some areas of the lawn mower deck.

So I raised the deck 1/2”, from 2.5” to 3”, for this last cut and it appeared to do better. Maybe this machine just dislikes “short cutting”. Ill post pictures later when the sun comes up. 👍🏻

Back