New tool thread

View attachment 133023
A new tool. For free. Must be a Christmas gift from someone it was in our mailbox with my username from the Garage Journal on the label. I’m happy to get it and whoever sent it thanks to them. You can’t turn down a free tool and it’s pretty too. The sender was JBTools so maybe someone ordered it from there for me. We also have tool companies on that site so maybe they just sent it. I’m not sure but thanks again. It will definitely be put to good use. I like roto head ratchets and it’s very light. It’s almost too pretty to use lol. Red is my third favorite color with blue first and orange second. Made in Taiwan for those wondering.
What does the Ai stand for? Looks like a loss in translation…

A. L. Not A. I. the second letter is not capitalized. Someone smarter that me can explain the why.
Interesting i could have swore it was AI lol. I barely passed science class so maybe that’s my mistake but I swear I remember them teaching it as AI either way it throws you off for sure lol. The one thing I thought I remembered from the periodic table haha.

I ordered this this morning to replace an old vice-grip pliers. They will be harder to find since they are no longer being made.
Eagle Grip by Malco LP7WC 7 in. Curved Jaw Locking Pliers with Wire Cutter.

61fd64mFDpS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I ordered this this morning to replace an old vice-grip pliers. They will be harder to find since they are no longer being made.
Eagle Grip by Malco LP7WC 7 in. Curved Jaw Locking Pliers with Wire Cutter.

61fd64mFDpS._AC_SL1500_.jpg
The company is out of business at least for any locking grip tools. Their website says get them while you can. They will still honor the warranty but no more to be made.

In all honesty I could have gotten away without it too, but...........................
I get it. There are some things of which you can almost never have too many: cordless tool batteries, sawhorses, locking pliers, sliding F-clamps, shop square footage.....and in certain cultures: wives. However just ONE of the latter is all I can handle.

AA07F327-5CCA-4FCA-8522-E57FA5EAC838.jpeg

Snap-on valve core torque tool. Not sure if it’s really a necessity but it was cheap and if I just add it to my collection and never use it then I’m fine. I bought it from a guy who bought some stuff from me. Pretty cool if anything and I think it will be a good teaching tool if anything because I could show a new tech the proper feel and spec for the valve core. 4 inch pounds. I haven’t seen anything like this before.

Back