New tool thread

3/8" Techwrench to replace my old Techangle.....

Y8jc1S8.jpg

Cool sets. Interesting they're $418 if you buy the two sets separately and $439 if you buy both together. Seems backwards.
I got them for $179 per 15 pc set. So $358 plus tax with free shipping was considerably less than the $439 they were asking for the 30 piece set considering you would still have to add taxes to that figure. So I got the exact same thing for considerably less by scrolling through and paying attention to the prices. They even arrived in the same box together, I assume just the same way they would have done if I had ordered the 30 pc.
It definitely pays to pay attention while shopping online.😉

I got them for $179 per 15 pc set. So $358 plus tax with free shipping was considerably less than the $439 they were asking for the 30 piece set considering you would still have to add taxes to that figure. So I got the exact same thing for considerably less by scrolling through and paying attention to the prices. They even arrived in the same box together, I assume just the same way they would have done if I had ordered the 30 pc.
It definitely pays to pay attention while shopping online.😉

They look sexy and $179 per set isn't atrocious, but they're still non-reversible, yes? How's backdrag?

I want to like that line of Milwaukee tools but like everything else I always feel Milwaukee sets MSRP such that they hope it'll "trick" the consumer into thinking it must be high end.

I'm NOT suggesting you were tricked and I hope they serve you well. If anything I'd be interested in your impressions in-use because I've never actually laid hands on those

I bought a Snap-On torque wrench in 1979 to use building a VW engine. It was $80 then.
I bought 2 Snap-on torque wrenches in the 1970s, and still have them (along with a lot of Snap-on sockets). Had them calibrated around 4 years ago. I was making very little money back in those days, and yet Snap-on tools were still affordable. A lot less affordable in 2022. I have only purchased one Snap-on tool in the last 30 years, a 3/8" ratchet.

They look sexy and $179 per set isn't atrocious, but they're still non-reversible, yes? How's backdrag?

I want to like that line of Milwaukee tools but like everything else I always feel Milwaukee sets MSRP such that they hope it'll "trick" the consumer into thinking it must be high end.

I'm NOT suggesting you were tricked and I hope they serve you well. If anything I'd be interested in your impressions in-use because I've never actually laid hands on those
Sorry about the late response, it’s been one of those days. 🙄😉
Yes, the price isn’t atrocious, or at least I didn’t think so, and no, I’m not under the impression that they’re high end. I’m hoping that they fall in close behind high end, possibly a tier below, but I’m still betting on them being significantly higher end then a lot of sets for just a little more money.
To be honest, I think the “high end” and the “low end” stuff can be way overpriced for what it is. I’ll be happy with this purchase if it falls into that perfect balance of quality/price.
You’re also correct in stating that they’re non-reversible,..but that’s never been a problem for me to this point. (It probably will be now since I’ve jinxed myself with that last comment.)

Now for one of the reasons that I started looking into them. I know a guy that owns a 4x4 shop and I noticed that he uses them, so I asked him about them. He said that he thinks that they’re nice and that they haven’t let him down yet. He also mentioned the fact that he likes the way that they feel. I noticed the way that they felt in my hand as I was looking his over, so I could understand that. This guy isn’t one to take it easy on his tools, so it seems that they should hold up pretty well judging by the way they’ve held up to him. 🤔

I must say that I really do love the feel of them, they just feel good in my hands and the ratcheting action feels solid,…if that makes any sense to you. There’s a big difference in the way that these feel as opposed to some cheaper sets. I’ll have to get a lot more time with them to give any real feedback on my personal opinion of them though. Looking at reviews and going by the testament of my friend, I’m sure that it’ll be a good purchase in the end. Cheers! 🍻

Reactions: D60
Snappy "midget" 3/4" OX124B from eBay. I need a dedicated 3/4 stubby at one of my mills for a particular custom jig (long, boring story). A cheap import would have easily sufficed but sometimes with the purchase of individual wrenches I like to treat myself with quality just 'cause....
20221229_091407.jpg

BF26D047-1ECB-4042-848D-15BAB74D45B8.jpeg

A new tool. For free. Must be a Christmas gift from someone it was in our mailbox with my username from the Garage Journal on the label. I’m happy to get it and whoever sent it thanks to them. You can’t turn down a free tool and it’s pretty too. The sender was JBTools so maybe someone ordered it from there for me. We also have tool companies on that site so maybe they just sent it. I’m not sure but thanks again. It will definitely be put to good use. I like roto head ratchets and it’s very light. It’s almost too pretty to use lol. Red is my third favorite color with blue first and orange second. Made in Taiwan for those wondering.

View attachment 133023
A new tool. For free. Must be a Christmas gift from someone it was in our mailbox with my username from the Garage Journal on the label. I’m happy to get it and whoever sent it thanks to them. You can’t turn down a free tool and it’s pretty too. The sender was JBTools so maybe someone ordered it from there for me. We also have tool companies on that site so maybe they just sent it. I’m not sure but thanks again. It will definitely be put to good use. I like roto head ratchets and it’s very light. It’s almost too pretty to use lol. Red is my third favorite color with blue first and orange second. Made in Taiwan for those wondering.

I've got one of those in blue and am surprised at how much I like it. I only use it in tight quarters but for something like under-dash (fumbling upside down) work the light weight is awesome

View attachment 133023
Tool Time strikes again! I just went and threw $20 at one of these through the JB Tools eBay store.

Back