New tool thread

I count 5. Free to anyone who wants one or more for the cost of shipping. I imagine 2 might make it on a Regional Rate A and 4 might fit in a B. Can't say for sure until I try to pack a box.

These are the M12 only chargers, not M12/M18 combos
Just got the two chargers - thank you very much! It was very generous of you and I really appreciate it!

I will put them to good use with that new M12 impact, and the rest of the M12 tools.

IMG_2069.JPG

3/8 inch drive low profile impact sockets. These have been out of stock for months, at least the full set, and they just became available. Lower profile than my regular sockets so will also use them with a socket wrench. The best thing about them is the 17mm hex on the back so you can use a 17mm open end, box end or ratcheting box end wrench to get in the tightest places.

View attachment 129930

3/8 inch drive low profile impact sockets. These have been out of stock for months, at least the full set, and they just became available. Lower profile than my regular sockets so will also use them with a socket wrench. The best thing about them is the 17mm hex on the back so you can use a 17mm open end, box end or ratcheting box end wrench to get in the tightest places.
I bought them earlier this year, you won't be disappointed.

View attachment 129930

Home Depot carries the same set. Really useful.

I recently bought a Hercules Magnum tape measure from HF. I got it because everyone else at work has Milwaukee. I wanted my stuff to be easy to spot. I have to say, it's got a very strong, wide tape and big easy to read numbers. Magnet on the end of the tape also. I think it's nice.

I recently bought a Hercules Magnum tape measure from HF. I got it because everyone else at work has Milwaukee. I wanted my stuff to be easy to spot. I have to say, it's got a very strong, wide tape and big easy to read numbers. Magnet on the end of the tape also. I think it's nice.
I love Milwaukee but can't stand their tapes. Something about the marking just doesn't work for me, and ironically as a metalworker I can't stand magnetic tapes. It more often sticks to something you don't want it to, but the biggest kicker is when the magnet grabs a sliver of scrap and then throws of your measurement by 1/16" or an 1/8" or more.

In a metalworking shop a magnetic tape is a solution creating a problem ;(

That said, preference in tapes is more personal than preference in women, and I hope the Hercules serves you well!

I love Milwaukee but can't stand their tapes. Something about the marking just doesn't work for me, and ironically as a metalworker I can't stand magnetic tapes. It more often sticks to something you don't want it to, but the biggest kicker is when the magnet grabs a sliver of scrap and then throws of your measurement by 1/16" or an 1/8" or more.

In a metalworking shop a magnetic tape is a solution creating a problem ;(

That said, preference in tapes is more personal than preference in women, and I hope the Hercules serves you well!
Excellent point. When I work with metal I have an aluminum yardstick that I like to use. I only use a tape measure when stuff I need to measure is longer than 36".
99% of the stuff I do gets done with the yardstick.

AE1D10A2-5D98-495F-B055-EB2C4D016C22.jpeg
4A322DF2-C174-411E-8941-55DEB32684C5.jpeg
D7AF8A8B-A051-4ED6-974A-4B501731979B.jpeg

Small Mac Tools haul today. I’m trying to give them a chance though I’ve sold most of the stuff I’ve bought from them except the pocket pry bars and a few other little things. I haven’t been very impressed by anything I’ve gotten from them but I figure this will be a good chance. But the dealer rarely shows up. But to be fair he is battling a lot of health issues so I don’t fault him completely for it. He has been in this business for longer than I’ve been alive so I know he is a good dealer. I needed a hub cleaning tool. It’s one of those things that not enough people do. Some of my coworkers are like a die grinder will work. Well yeah it will but can’t get up near the studs or nothing like this can. I got some extra cleaning pads for it too. They don’t provide us with any at work. Then a digital tread depth gauge which I hadn’t ever seen such thing before until a few people got one. Our shop provides the manual ones and has tons lol. Even though I’m not an express tech we still are required to fill out a multipoint for every vehicle unless the customer declines it so this is an important tool. The cheap manual ones they provide at work are cheap and often give wrong readings because the gauge moves and gets forced over the part that comes out. Hard to explain lol.

View attachment 130815View attachment 130816View attachment 130817
Small Mac Tools haul today. I’m trying to give them a chance though I’ve sold most of the stuff I’ve bought from them except the pocket pry bars and a few other little things. I haven’t been very impressed by anything I’ve gotten from them but I figure this will be a good chance. But the dealer rarely shows up. But to be fair he is battling a lot of health issues so I don’t fault him completely for it. He has been in this business for longer than I’ve been alive so I know he is a good dealer. I needed a hub cleaning tool. It’s one of those things that not enough people do. Some of my coworkers are like a die grinder will work. Well yeah it will but can’t get up near the studs or nothing like this can. I got some extra cleaning pads for it too. They don’t provide us with any at work. Then a digital tread depth gauge which I hadn’t ever seen such thing before until a few people got one. Our shop provides the manual ones and has tons lol. Even though I’m not an express tech we still are required to fill out a multipoint for every vehicle unless the customer declines it so this is an important tool. The cheap manual ones they provide at work are cheap and often give wrong readings because the gauge moves and gets forced over the part that comes out. Hard to explain lol.
I get annoyed enough keeping batteries in all my digi calipers, angle gauges etc

I wouldn't want to introduce more 357's into my life personally. Hopefully Mac was smart enough to use quality Mitutoyo-esque quality that actually powers down rather than cheap import stuff that blanks the display but keeps sipping power 24/7

Stop buying consumables off tool trucks, If it doesn't have a Lifetime warranty don't buy it! The only thing I buy off a tool truck that's not guaranteed for life are Snap-on Torque Wrenches.

Back