New tool thread

Not exactly a tool, but I'm pretty excited about it still. Picked up a 48" workbench with an overhead light and built in outlet from Harbor Freight for $99. I've been needing a workbench, and while I'm sure the quality might be hit or miss, this should do the job nicely.

1657998527132.jpg

I don't think that's what he was implying... If you post a picture of your new boss in the "new Tool" thread, it's already making a statement..
I was thinking this was the "What are you working on today" thread!!

Major faux pas! In my defense, I did get hit by a 4Runner while riding my bike today (no joke). I'm just battered and bruised but that's still my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

I was thinking this was the "What are you working on today" thread!!

Major faux pas! In my defense, I did get hit by a 4Runner while riding my bike today (no joke). I'm just battered and bruised but that's still my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!
Hit by a 4 Runner!?!?

I’m glad it wasn’t worse!

Hope you feel better soon!

I just bought a couple new Channellock 19 mm impact sockets from my Do-it Best hardware store a half mile down the street. I know they're not top-tier but they have a no questions asked replacement policy. They're not stamped they're only laser etched but they're really not bad for the price. I have a few of the Chrome channellock sockets as backup and they work just fine. Of course I'm not wrenching for a living.
PXL_20220718_192035434.jpg
PXL_20220718_192056884.jpg

I just bought a couple new Channellock 19 mm impact sockets from my Do-it Best hardware store a half mile down the street. I know they're not top-tier but they have a no questions asked replacement policy. They're not stamped they're only laser etched but they're really not bad for the price. I have a few of the Chrome channellock sockets as backup and they work just fine. Of course I'm not wrenching for a living.
View attachment 108754View attachment 108755
I know stories abound of people blowing up impact sockets but I've had good results with inexpensive units. If anything sometimes they're annoying if they're sloppy and "keep" lugnuts.

Either way, good for you, I'm sure those will serve you well. I've always felt impact sockets are arguably the LAST thing one should upgrade if transitioning from weekend-warrior to tool-truck grade tools.

21CCE748-05DD-4F38-926A-91448EA4BBE2.jpeg
F953F2F5-5EBF-4F9B-9D41-B3BBF83FCCFA.jpeg

New Snap-on ratchet today. It was on sale and this size actually comes in handy especially for suspension work where you can’t fit an impact. I already have the flex head version that has a power blue handle. He didn’t have any hard handle versions on the truck they aren’t big sellers so he had an orange, red and green and red is lame, green isn’t me and orange is perfect to match my box lol. It’s a 1/2 drive. I also ordered a 1/4 roto head in orange too.

Next just some consumables as I call them. New wire brushes all my HF ones have run off or worn out. So since I was at Walmart I just got them there. Razor blades for my inspection sticker scraper.

New Snap-on ratchet today. It was on sale and this size actually comes in handy especially for suspension work where you can’t fit an impact...

Two feet long?
Fill in the lettering on the chrome with orange paint! :cool:

Looks great. Good to see they still make that one Germany or is it an older model before Hitachi. Very similar to the Makita 9565PCV I bought a while ago, the feature that I like about the Makita is the variable speed but it doesnt have tool less wheel change and it is Chicom.
Took 3 months to get so I'd say it's current stock. Love the paddle trigger on these.

Back