New tool thread

Got three 24 year old faucets to do. Not sure about this tool.
I thought about making my own out of SS...

IMG_20230607_104853708.jpg

I gave $100 total for the following today at an estate sale:
-SnapOn OEXM210B 21mm wrench $20. A little spendy but I use 21mm a lot

-A nice looking p/s or alt pulley puller. Made in USA but manufacturer is not marked (paper instructions included) $20

-Some nice filter pliers. I liked them because they have a slight angle to the jaws and also Made in US. Manufacturer unk. $25 was a little high but they're quality

-an assortment of adapters for $35 total:
1) Cornwell AP32 1/2" to 3/8"
2) Mac AP1624 1/2" to 3/4"
3)Mac 1/2" wobble VUP2BA (still tight)
4) Cman "V" series 1/2" u-joint
5)GM Performance Parts 1/2" to 3/8" (nothing special here)
6)SnapOn GSAFIE 1/2" to 3/8"
20230609_185104.jpg

Got a gift card to Amazon from work. I guess I could've spent it on some stuff that we need around the house, but that would be too sensible. Instead, I blew it on a new borescope! The responsible decision! I took it for a quick "test drive". Nothing crazy, just down the oil fill cap of my two cars. Ignore the date/time stamps. Haven't updated them yet.

Elantra - 88k miles
PHO00000.JPG

RDX - 86k miles
PHO00003.JPG

Got a gift card to Amazon from work. I guess I could've spent it on some stuff that we need around the house, but that would be too sensible. Instead, I blew it on a new borescope! The responsible decision! I took it for a quick "test drive". Nothing crazy, just down the oil fill cap of my two cars. Ignore the date/time stamps. Haven't updated them yet.

Elantra - 88k miles
View attachment 160714

RDX - 86k miles
View attachment 160715
Got a link? Looks like it works good!

2 things: Got too jealous of all those fancy pants K-N-Pix pliers, so I got one on the Amazon sale:
View attachment 159782

Then I decided to pay for the priceless tool BITOG and made a chintzy donation. The value here is beyond words. I've made a few valuable friends and gleaned tons of KSAs (Silicon Valley speak for "Knowledge Skills and Abilities"). A few others think I'm an idiot so there's that... I had seen the word "Donation" before but thought maybe you had to be a member of some secret club or something. Saw it again and searched for the Donation button.
Welcome to the club Jeff! Glad you’ve decided to join. 💪

Got a link? Looks like it works good!
LINK

So far, it seems to work really well! Even has a 90* camera angle, which was nice. My last one had a clip on mirror that you needed to use to get 90*, but I never used it. Terrified it would come off and get stuck someplace it shouldn't be. My only recommendation would be to get a micro SD USB reader to plug into your computer. You can plug it into your laptop and view from your laptop while using it, but that seems like a hassle. The micro SD reader was only $9, so I just grabbed that too.

Elantra - 88k miles
View attachment 160714

RDX - 86k miles
View attachment 160715
Bore-scopes are da bomb!

2 things: Got too jealous of all those fancy pants K-N-Pix pliers, so I got one on the Amazon sale:
View attachment 159782

Then I decided to pay for the priceless tool BITOG and made a chintzy donation. The value here is beyond words. I've made a few valuable friends and gleaned tons of KSAs (Silicon Valley speak for "Knowledge Skills and Abilities"). A few others think I'm an idiot so there's that... I had seen the word "Donation" before but thought maybe you had to be a member of some secret club or something. Saw it again and searched for the Donation button.
I’m glad you “bought it on sale”.

It’s part of my rational for buying yet another Knipex plier.

Plan on a full drawer of Knipex pliers in your tool chest within the year.

Back when I was 20 or so I bought an old school borescope. Looked like one of those old chrome flashlights. You actually looked through the end of it like a telescope. Thing was around 700 dollars if memory serves. I had it about a year and used it exactly once. I gave it back to the Snap On man and said see if you can sell this.
I think I'm gonna grab that Amazon one. The images look great for an 80 dollar tool.

Back when I was 20 or so I bought an old school borescope. Looked like one of those old chrome flashlights. You actually looked through the end of it like a telescope. Thing was around 700 dollars if memory serves. I had it about a year and used it exactly once. I gave it back to the Snap On man and said see if you can sell this.
I think I'm gonna grab that Amazon one. The images look great for an 80 dollar tool.
In Jan '22 I ordered their phone version. Honestly I haven't even downloaded the app or software onto my Android but it was well-reviewed. Some day I'll find time to actually use it.

How is the back drag on this ratchet? I love the palm control ratchets and they have very light back drag. I was just wondering how this one felt.
Believe it or not on par with my Nepros 3/8" ratchet. One thing to keep in mind is I haven't used it yet so it is not broken in. For the money it is a nice quality ratchet.

2 pairs of Daytona 6ton jack stands. Very impressed with the quality. Love that they go to 24" and feel very stable. The locking bar is a nice touch

Attachments

• Snapchat-716892127.jpg
    Snapchat-716892127.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Snapchat-2059857002.jpg
    Snapchat-2059857002.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Snapchat-190416100.jpg
    Snapchat-190416100.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Snapchat-729099427.jpg
    Snapchat-729099427.jpg