New Tires got Slashed. Pretty Angry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that this happened to you. I'd be mad as heck too - we work too hard for our money to have to spend it needlessly.

ah I can see that now. I'd add my thoughts on that but it would probably stray into no-no topics.. so I'll pass.

I'd just buy 2 more and chalk it up to tards... maybe put up a camera.

When did you buy them, and did you pay for them with your credit card? Some credit cards will replace the items you purchased if they get stolen or damaged within a certain period of time after you purchased them.

For example the MasterCard website states:

"Purchase Assurance

Provides coverage for most items you purchase with your eligible MasterCard card if the item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase."

So if you bought the tires recently, and paid with a credit card, it might be worth it to call them up to see if they cover the items you purchased. You might have to provide them with a police report, and possibly give them the bad tires. But if they replace them for free, then it's worth it.

Either way, it's worth giving them a call to see if they cover it.

So sorry for your loss and your frustration, but your best bet is to let it go, that way you stay in control and they don't win. Bad things happen in life - move on - you'll be happier for it in the long run.

As far as replacement tires are concerned, a set of used tires would be the way I would go - maybe even a few extra to keep your drive shafts company in the bathroom in case this happens again.

Another vote for getting a quality pair of used tyres.

One time that used tyres make sense for me is on my Pathfinder.

2 new Goodyear Wranglers would be about £300/325 fitted.

Cheap but still decent budgets are around £220 for a pair.

Two secondhand Wranglers cost me £150 fitted. One had less than 1000 miles on it the other not much more.

Whats not to like.

Considering doing the same of the Jag as even budgets are £650 a set.

Pirellis or Dunlops are over £1000 a set.

Four Pirellis or Dunlops with plenty life will be around £300/350 dependant on how much tread is left.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: Miller88

I'm single. That's evident by the stack of driveshafts in the bathroom.

I laughed at the thought, for some reason I can picture this! I presume they are Jeep driveshafts.

Sorry for the loss.

10268410_766937875213_6614339904450264504_n.jpg

Originally Posted By: sicko
When did you buy them, and did you pay for them with your credit card? Some credit cards will replace the items you purchased if they get stolen or damaged within a certain period of time after you purchased them.

For example the MasterCard website states:

"Purchase Assurance

Provides coverage for most items you purchase with your eligible MasterCard card if the item is damaged or stolen within 90 days of the date of purchase."

So if you bought the tires recently, and paid with a credit card, it might be worth it to call them up to see if they cover the items you purchased. You might have to provide them with a police report, and possibly give them the bad tires. But if they replace them for free, then it's worth it.

Either way, it's worth giving them a call to see if they cover it.

I used paypal. Treaddepot doesn't take credit cards if shipping to a different address than bill to

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
So sorry for your loss and your frustration, but your best bet is to let it go, that way you stay in control and they don't win. Bad things happen in life - move on - you'll be happier for it in the long run.

As far as replacement tires are concerned, a set of used tires would be the way I would go - maybe even a few extra to keep your drive shafts company in the bathroom in case this happens again.

The stack of tires is in the living room.

Originally Posted By: JOD
Headed up to my parents last night with the Cherokee. Got a call this morning that all of the cars in the parking lot had two tires slashed.

Some hoodrat, low life, waste of life decided to slash 2 tires on every car. Very angry.

Meanwhile, the local police department were pulling people over for going .000003MPH over the speed limit.

Sidewall slash. Got a whopping 500 miles out of my brand new tires.

That's the last time I buy nice tires again. My options are have my two bad snow tires mounted and use them in the rear or get cheap chinese knockoff tires. I REFUSE to get good tires again as they are just going to be slashed again. May even just get something on craigslist.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

While that certainly sucks, I have to wonder how you've reached the conclusion that this will just happen again. Has this ever happened to you before?? Seems pretty random to me.

BTW, while it may not help you out now, a zero deductible on comprehensive adds about $10.00 a year to my insurance policy--and generally comprehensive claims don't raise your insurance rates. That makes something like this a zero out-of-pocket deal. Just something to consider for the future.

When I switched to ESurance last year, I dropped the deductible to $500. With ESurance, the difference between $1000 and $500 deductible was, literally, 20 cents a month. I am going to drop to $0

and my wife wants to leave the northside of Chicago and moves to Syracuse, NY?

Definitely showing her this one....

sorry buddy that really sucks though I would be furious...

If it were me id probably call the local PD and give them a piece of my mind....

Last edited:
Found the OEM tires from my Focus on CL. http://syracuse.craigslist.org/pts/4432882657.html They showed the ONE good one. The oxidization is the same too!

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
and my wife wants to leave the northside of Chicago and moves to Syracuse, NY?

Definitely showing her this one....

sorry buddy that really sucks though I would be furious...

If it were me id probably call the local PD and give them a piece of my mind....

Don't live in the city and you'll be fine!

I'm certainly not missing living in an apartment complex. When I did, my car would get vandalized quite often... one time someone was jumping on the trunk and roof. Another time, they smashed the front passenger window. Ugh...

vent_hole.jpg

I never had that issue living in a apt complex, but my truck did get hit enough. I bought a house, never looked back.

Had some punks put thumb tacks in the sidewall of tires on a whole row of cars parked in the street when I lived in buffalo, during the dead of winter.

My wife's car got hit also.

Kids got caught because a neighbor had a closed circuit camera facing the street, he gave the tape to the PD.

We were bothered here. It started with a domestic quarrel in our front yard where the dork-child was driving around chasing his woman! I went outside and suggested he leave the property.

Later that evening him and his buddies came by and vandalized our fleet a bit. I had kept his plate number and went directly to where his Dad worked and showed him the video my cameras had.
I told him I would go straight to the Sheriff if needed (I have many LEO clients).

I never saw them again, but for a while I had my ole hound dawg staked out there to alert me if anyone came by. She's pretty protective, and makes a ton of racket if you come around our trucks.

I won't normally shoot vandals but I was really fired up about this one as I didn't start the fire...

Unfortunately, my state does not allow one to defend oneself or property. I would have to ask the person, calmly, to stop vandalizing my hard earned stuff.

Although, to be honest, even without firearms, had I stumbled upon the person doing this to mine and others' vehicles, I can't say that I would not have beat the person to within an inch of their life.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the local yokels don't seem to come when people call 911 in my neighborhood.

"Previous to the voting of the budget, Chief John Balloni looked unsettled and kept fixing his tie.

“Quite frankly, I’m right now in shock,” he said. “In my entire 36 years I’ve never seen anything like this.”

“This is one of the most asinine things I’ve ever heard,” added Sheriff Kevin Walsh.

The final vote on this amendment came down to 15-1. After the votes, Walsh said that in order to compensate for the budget cuts they will have to make drastic changes regarding wages, staff and inmate conditions.

“We still have to answer 100,000 calls a year and I don’t know how we’re going to do that with less manpower,” Walsh commented as he looked around the room."

https://bcfought.expressions.syr.edu/bdj204/archives/10963

Not getting political, just stating facts, taxes are the cover charge we pay to live in a civilized society. I don't like writing the check for my taxes, but I appreciate the high level of services I get for them here, including intervention services for troubled youth and families that is always lower cost than the criminal justice system.

New York State justifiable homicide reasons:
Criminal Killed by Private Citizen
13 - Criminal Attacked Civilian
14 - Criminal Attempted Flight from Crime
15 - Criminal Killed in Commission of Crime (but probably not slashing tires)
16 - Criminal Resisted Arrest
17 - Criminal Attacked Police Officer and Criminal Killed by Civilian Aiding Police Officer
http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/dict/dataelement238.htm

You shoot the kid slashing your tires, you'll go be arrested, you'll have huge attorney fees, maybe lose your job while you're involved in the system...a set of tires will look really cheap.

One of the first things I plan on doing when I get a house is CCTV.

Unless obvious they won't deter anything. Just make you more mad when watch it after.

Hopefully you find peace. No matter where you live stuff happens. I live next to the most expensive neighborhood in the area(600k-$3.5M homes). Last Sunday a bunch of cars unlocked had items stolen and thieves also entered unlocked garages only too.

Thankfully my home (worth half the cheapest one) was not touched as cars were set in driveway open, garage door open, and door unlocked while wife/I out.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
Unfortunately, the local yokels don't seem to come when people call 911 in my neighborhood.

"Previous to the voting of the budget, Chief John Balloni looked unsettled and kept fixing his tie.

“Quite frankly, I’m right now in shock,” he said. “In my entire 36 years I’ve never seen anything like this.”

“This is one of the most asinine things I’ve ever heard,” added Sheriff Kevin Walsh.

The final vote on this amendment came down to 15-1. After the votes, Walsh said that in order to compensate for the budget cuts they will have to make drastic changes regarding wages, staff and inmate conditions.

“We still have to answer 100,000 calls a year and I don’t know how we’re going to do that with less manpower,” Walsh commented as he looked around the room."

https://bcfought.expressions.syr.edu/bdj204/archives/10963

Not getting political, just stating facts, taxes are the cover charge we pay to live in a civilized society. I don't like writing the check for my taxes, but I appreciate the high level of services I get for them here, including intervention services for troubled youth and families that is always lower cost than the criminal justice system.

New York State justifiable homicide reasons:
Criminal Killed by Private Citizen
13 - Criminal Attacked Civilian
14 - Criminal Attempted Flight from Crime
15 - Criminal Killed in Commission of Crime (but probably not slashing tires)
16 - Criminal Resisted Arrest
17 - Criminal Attacked Police Officer and Criminal Killed by Civilian Aiding Police Officer
http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/dict/dataelement238.htm

You shoot the kid slashing your tires, you'll go be arrested, you'll have huge attorney fees, maybe lose your job while you're involved in the system...a set of tires will look really cheap.

Onondaga county sheriff and NYS police are great. I caught someone in the act of stealing my jeep a few years ago, Syracuse police didn't care. I called when someone was trying to get into my apartment .. nothing. God forbid you drive 13th on Brighton Ave. .. you will get a ticket.

I am completely defenseless? I am supposed to let the local hood rats slash tires?

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
If you have comp your insurance should cover it.

His deductible is probably higher than two tires for a Cherokee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back