New Syn Delo Available

Yes, I just bought some Extreme to change the oil in an older Ford tractor because I didn't have enough of the T5 on hand and really hard to find locally, was going to go with the Delvac 1300 syn-blend but the Walmart I was at only had 1 gallon jugs. I usually get the Delo XLE which is a very good oil especially for the money. The Delo is usually my go-to oil for diesels and small engines.

The Extreme was only a bit more expensive than the XLE but the XSP was even higher so I went with the Mobil.
Also you can get rebates and rewards points on the Delvac right now.

Is it dual rated? If so I might have to dump it in my Hyundai.
Delvac Extreme is not dual rated and has nearly 1200ppm of phos, I'm confused why this new Delo is dual rated as it has 1100ppm of phos. Although Delo SDE, Delo XLE, Delo XSP 5W30 and 5W40 are dual rated proper, so is Delvac 1300, and Multi Vehicle 5W30 Rotella if you can find it.

Delvac Extreme is not dual rated and has nearly 1200ppm of phos, I'm confused why this new Delo is dual rated as it has 1100ppm of phos. Although Delo SDE, Delo XLE, Delo XSP 5W30 and 5W40 are dual rated proper, so is Delvac 1300, and Multi Vehicle 5W30 Rotella if you can find it.
Which is the main reason I used to go with the Delo because you could use it in both types of engines without fear. Evidently the T6 0w40 is still available, O'Reillys and Napa still list it but it's not dual rated.

I wouldnt be too worried about the dual rating unless you are using it in an oil burner. For the phos to effect the cat, it would have to get to it first. The only way I can think that would happen is if it burned oil.

Back