New Syn Delo Available

Available now at Walmart, there is a new full syn Delo XSP 15W40 available in gallons and 2.5 gallon jugs. I thought it was a typo and it was actually 5W40 but my Chevron rep confirms it is a new product and is 15W40 full syn. I checked online at a few Walmarts in MI and it pretty widely available. It isn't on Chevrons website yet so I have no PDS for it.

The datasheet claims it contains, ~1100ppm of phos, but also claims the dual rating, it also gives a CCS viscosity at -30C which is not proper for a 15W lubricant, this datasheet seems a little screwy, and Chevron where among the first companies to embrace the limits for dual rated oils so now I'm even more confused.

im liking those zinc/phos lvls wouldnt mind running this in my 12 valve, using the delvac extreme 15w-40 synthetic now which is probably its direct competitor along with t6 15w-40, whats the pricing looking like? I would assume it will be around the 20-22$ per gallon like the delvac xtreme

That cold pour point is surprisingly low, almost as low as T6.
Z&Ph look decent to now compared to the 800max stuff the were pushing.

Yet hasn’t made it to my local Wally World shelf yet, matter of fact not much has...pretty bare on Thursday still.

Delvac Exteme is full synthetic and has been for a couple years now, there's almost no 10W40 HDEOs available in the United States, T6 is available in 15W40 and 5W40, they used to have a 0W40 but I think they've discontinued it from the US market due to poor sales.

1649906338987.jpg

Seen it in my Walmart today, priced in line with delvac Extreme, No T6 in stock but it's like $25/gal now. If Amazon starts carrying it then you can get $21 back on 3 gallons through the rebate but Amazon seems to overall be in short supply of any Delo product.

Delvac Exteme is full synthetic and has been for a couple years now, there's almost no 10W40 HDEOs available in the United States, T6 is available in 15W40 and 5W40, they used to have a 0W40 but I think they've discontinued it from the US market due to poor sales.
Yes, I just bought some Extreme to change the oil in an older Ford tractor because I didn't have enough of the T5 on hand and really hard to find locally, was going to go with the Delvac 1300 syn-blend but the Walmart I was at only had 1 gallon jugs. I usually get the Delo XLE which is a very good oil especially for the money. The Delo is usually my go-to oil for diesels and small engines.

The Extreme was only a bit more expensive than the XLE but the XSP was even higher so I went with the Mobil.

Available now at Walmart, there is a new full syn Delo XSP 15W40 available in gallons and 2.5 gallon jugs. I thought it was a typo and it was actually 5W40 but my Chevron rep confirms it is a new product and is 15W40 full syn. I checked online at a few Walmarts in MI and it pretty widely available. It isn't on Chevrons website yet so I have no PDS for it.
Is it dual rated? If so I might have to dump it in my Hyundai.

Back