New Supertech filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Canon PowerShot A620
smile.gif

I'd pay extra, if they WOULDN'T print the label in Spanish...
mad.gif
Of course, if your Wal Mart is as 3rd world as mine, you see why.
rolleyes.gif

I wonder if it would make any big difference to my truck if I switched to a Valuecraft or Total Grip in the 3593A in place of the ST 3950? I am just sick of all the Spanish.

If it makes our neighbors feel at home, why not? We draw them here with the lure of low-paying jobs so the least we can do is accommodate their language, as we comsume tacos and margaritas....
cheers.gif

ST 3387A If I needed a popular number like that, I would stick to AC. Can't find a PF 1177 or 2244G anywhere but the stealer.

quote:

Originally posted by Clyde65:
Does anyone know the ST number that cross references with a PF47? Someone stole the book at the local Walmart.

Call 1-800-882-0890 and ask...

It's Champs tech hotline..

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
ST 3387A If I needed a popular number like that, I would stick to AC. Can't find a PF 1177 or 2244G anywhere but the stealer.

I thought I read somewhere on here that some AC's was made by Champ labs and some of them were now like the Supertech e-core (or wahtever they are called with the plastic cage).

quote:

I just got through reading a long thread about a guy who lost an engine to an E-core. So I think I will pass on that Supertech.
wink.gif

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=003729;p=1

Sorry to jump in here...

But..

Did you read it?
confused.gif

If you did you'll see that his motor was not stock and he was not running the recommneded grade of motor oil.

Blame the filter...
rolleyes.gif

When you start messing around from stock, don't be SURPRISED when things fail.
banghead.gif

And don't blame the engine MFG, oil or filters.
nono.gif

Some quotes;

quote:

Had the bypass circuit been operational, this likely would not have occurred and IMO it's foolish to disable it for all the reasons previously mentioned in this thread. Situations like this are exactly why the system was engineered in the first place.

quote:

The bypass port doesn't need to allow full oil pump flow. It only has to allow sufficent flow around the filter to drop the filter differential pressue below a level that will damage the filter while providing partial oil flow until this condition no longer exists.

That's it's job and why GM and every other manufacturer uses a bypass. GM has it internal to the engine, others have it as part of the filter, but they all use it.

quote:

Personally, I feel that most likely the problem that started this thread was mostly heavy oil, no by-pass, and the oil not warm enough yet. That's all that it would take. The posibility of the pressure relief valve being involved is also likely, but it doesn't need to be.

Not a fault of the filter.

I've run many ecores and cut open EVERY filter I've used in the past 30 years (Frams, Ecores, and pretty well every other brand) and never had one fail.

(Do a search on me in this section and you'll see many photos of those filters. Many of them Ecore. ).

How many people out there have modified motors?

Cut out the oil filter Bypass circut?

Ecores are excellent filters and protect as well as any other.

Sorry to be harsh, but before we bash or quote, know whats in the thread.
cheers.gif

People come over here to BITOG to get facts IMO.

I'd like to see that they get them.
patriot.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

I just got through reading a long thread about a guy who lost an engine to an E-core. So I think I will pass on that Supertech.
wink.gif

You might ask yourself...what does GM know that you don't if they've approved the E-core design ( which they have).

Do you think Generous Motors never tested the filter? You'd be wrong. Not only lab tests but field tests as well.

So why would GM have E-core in the AC Delco product line?

Is it because it is a bad filter design?

Is is because they expect a % of engines to blow up and they're alright with that?

You think GM wants something that will cause them grief through failure?

Or would logic tell you they've extensively tested the filter on their engines around the world in various climates and applications and they are satisfied with the results.

One more time, the plastic cage in the Ecores is the same as the ones in the well proven cartridge filter elements. Even the big dollar Europeans are using them as well as Purolator and WIX. You can bust on the thermally bonded non woven end caps if you want, but you are revealing you lack of knowledge and judgment to pick on the center tubes.

I can't imagine somebody changing a cartridge element and not noticing a collapsed center tube or the media pushed through one. Note, the elements don't have metal end caps either.

If I didn't have so many filters stockpiled for the Neon, I'd go buy a SuperTech ST16 and AC-Delco PF13, both in e-Core, just to compare 'em.

How many filters stockpiled? 19!
rolleyes.gif
(Glad you asked.
grin.gif
Anybody want to buy some cheap filters in PH-16/L14670/51085/PF13 size? Or in PH-3614/L10241/PF53/51038 size? Yeah, I know...
wink.gif
)

quote:

Originally posted by labman:
As you can clearly read on the picture posted later, the 2X traps twice as much dirt as the leading brand of filter.

Wonder how many people realize that isn't just advertising?
OK, I'll bite. If ST traps 2x of the leading filter, why isn't it the leading filter? And who is the leading filter anyway? It's hard to follow a race without a stat book!

I just got back from Walmart after looking over an ST3387A, and my first impression is how small it is. The PF47 is another 1/3 longer. The E-core inside looked cheesy. Please understand that I don't intend to bash this filter or offend anyone, I'm just giving you my honest unscensored first impressions. As always I could be wrong since I'm somewhat human.
wink.gif

Clyde..ALL E-cores are shorter than the previous metal endcap'd part number.

They took the metal endcaps out of the design for the element. When you do that you can shorten the overall lenght of the filter. And actually they increased dirt holding capacity at the same time.

How much media is "lost" being sunk down into the metal endcaps where the glue is to hold the element together?

That is why E-core style filters are shorter and out perform the "old" part numbers they replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back