New Supertech filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in my local walmart today, and I noticed that there were a bunch of Supertech filters in a blue box, called "Supertech 2X". I've never seen these before, have these been out for a while?

I can't say for certain, but I think its just new packaging. The filter looks the same as the e-cores that were in the old packaging. You could call champ labs and ask to be certain.

quote:

Originally posted by Jim74:
I was in my local walmart today, and I noticed that there were a bunch of Supertech filters in a blue box, called "Supertech 2X". I've never seen these before, have these been out for a while?

Did you read the box? What is the 2X all-about?

This give me a glimmer of hope. In another thread, there are a number of reports of ST disappearing. Perhaps Wal-Mart is just letting the inventory of old ones run low as part of the changeover. There could even be a glitch in producing the new ones.

Grab the popcorn!
 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

The filters look the same except the graphics.

The new packaging is for our Spanish speaking folks...

For the price, excellent unit IMO.

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

They must be in transition.
The 4967 box shows the plastic center 'tube', but the filter has a metal tube.
Newer ST filter I've used had a plate above/around the mounting flange, E-Core?

I'm with labman on this. PureOne is a great filter ..but the Ecore in the ST label is just about as cost effective as you can get giving you about the most value/$$. MC is probably second. PureOne would be my value/PERFORMANCE choice ..while ST would be my VALUE/performance choice.

Sounds good. I've got $3 to spluge on a Pureone(My car uses small filters) Thanks for the quick replies. Sorry I jacked ur thread.

quote:

Originally posted by kanling:
4967 hasn't swtiched over to the e-core (plastic center tube) design yet. So the box is just a tad misleading.

You mean the second picture down in Bills post..
near the bottom of the box...

"Graphics may not represent actual filter construction."

better to describe E-core than the other way around...

quote:

Originally posted by Triple_Se7en:
Did you read the box? What is the 2X all-about?

As you can clearly read on the picture posted later, the 2X traps twice as much dirt as the leading brand of filter. I can buy that, not all the ST 3950's I have cut open have been the same, but still twice as much media as the last Fram I ever bought.

Wonder how many people realize that isn't just advertising?

I doubt the plastic core has much affect. I can't believe the flter manufacturers splurge on media and limit the oil flow by skimping on holes in the old metal tubes. I don't think collapsed center tubes are much of an issue, occurring only in extreme conditions.

I doubt much of anybody would argue any ST is better than a Pure 1. They are cheaper and quite possibly will do your engine as much good as a Pure 1. The ecore ones have a thread end bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back