New quirky car

Top Gear (Clarkson/May/Hammond) had a love-hate relationship with Peugeot. They liked the 407 because it handled quite well for how cushy the ride is. But they also make fun of the drivers, sayin they can't drive and will crash all the time (there was a segment of Clarkson and May driving like a stereotypical Peugeot owner)

Not sure what that means but you made me laugh!
The most well-known Peugeot driver in the States was Lieutenant Colombo of the TV detective show "Colombo" in the 1970s.... He was famous for his rumpled raincoat, his cigar, his 1959 Peugeot and his basset hound that occasionally appeared on the show. 🐶

The most well-known Peugeot driver in the States was Lieutenant Colombo of the TV detective show "Colombo" in the 1970s.... He was famous for his rumpled raincoat, his cigar, his 1959 Peugeot and his basset hound that occasionally appeared on the show. 🐶
Sorry for being a little slow. Watched all the episodes as a kid.

I had a 2004 407 2.0HDi with everything for that model year except for the automatic transmission, which was a great option to NOT have. Loved that car.

nGc3Mfv.jpg

u2e5UQo.jpg

Top Gear (Clarkson/May/Hammond) had a love-hate relationship with Peugeot. They liked the 407 because it handled quite well for how cushy the ride is. But they also make fun of the drivers, sayin they can't drive and will crash all the time (there was a segment of Clarkson and May driving like a stereotypical Peugeot owner)

maniac-top-gear.gif

All joking aside tho, it looks good
Enjoy it 🫡

My brother bought his first brand new car, a Renault 5 'Le Car', after graduating from college in 1979. I'm pretty sure it was an 1980.
'Quirky' is an understatement. I do remember that we had to buy a 'special' tool to remove the oil drain plug....I think it was a 5 sided male that fit into a female opening in the drain plug (almost like an Allen key.) It had a rubber covered 'sunroof' IIRC. He got rid of it and bought a new 1986 Honda Accord in 1985.

In 1977 when we moved into the house, my next door neighbor,1000feet away, had a diesel wagon. I could hear it start in the kitchen with the windows closed.

Back