New Quaker State and Pennzoil @ Walmart

technology keeps changing every day . so just use what your manufacturer says to use. a lot of persons think the thicker the better the lubricant's , how ever then were engines will clog up very fast because of the smaller ports that carry the oil to the top of the valves in the top portion of the engine, also the plungers that keep the timing chains tight need the proper oil .

technology keeps changing every day . so just use what your manufacturer says to use. a lot of persons think the thicker the better the lubricant's , how ever then were engines will clog up very fast because of the smaller ports that carry the oil to the top of the valves in the top portion of the engine, also the plungers that keep the timing chains tight need the proper oil .
Well maybe my feeling is it hasn't change nearly as much as the hype and the BS.

Buick no 6 plug wire near oxygen sensor.jpg
mayb buy a couope engines if you want

I haven't bought QS since 1997, but this junk was on clearance at my local WM for $2.78/qt. I bought about 20 quarts and will use it my Golf IV 2.0 and an old worn out 5.3 LS which it'll be more than good enough for.

Would I run Wal-Mart oil in a newish Porsche? No way; but if you've got a cheap VW why not? My Ford EB gets nothing but Amsoil Signature Series.

“Formulated to meet”, no actual approvals.
Still great oil

I am confident that a SOPUS product "formulated to meet" will absolutely meet that standard. I think this is their way of not paying the stupid fees for those standards, some of which are really not that high. I wouldn't worry about it.

My question is why would I choose this over Pennzoil Platinum? I'm guessing it is a few bucks cheaper?

Porsche didn't mind back in the day.

View attachment 62793
True, but I think QS was not owned by SOPUS back then. In 1989, when that car got its only win, they were their own company and were marketed as a top tier brand. Today, they are not positioned that way in the marketplace. It would almost be a misfit today. Pennzoil would be the appropriate branding, based on the market positioning of QS and Pennzoil brands today.

They wrote BIG checks for that sponsorship in those years! CART screwed them with the rules on their first design, which would have dominated at least for a short while.

I am confident that a SOPUS product "formulated to meet" will absolutely meet that standard. I think this is their way of not paying the stupid fees for those standards, some of which are really not that high. I wouldn't worry about it.
More likely not having to change container labels if an OEM license lapses. Licenses begin and end on different dates, and last for different lengths of time. An incredible production and distribution difficulty if a license momentarily lapses. If a QS label is incorrect, they will pull inventory and destroy the product rather than expose SOPUS to liability. I've seen it happen. And I still have some of the destroyed product. 😁
If QS has a claim of performance on their label, SOPUS considers it to be a written guarantee.

If QS has a claim of performance on their label, SOPUS considers it to be a written guarantee.
This is the exact reason why I use Rotella T4/T6 in my wet clutch dirt bikes. These are not JASO MA/MA2 approved oils -- SOPUS did not pay for the testing and certification required to wear the MA/MA2 label. But these oil labels do say that they "meet the performance requirements of JASO MA/MA2." I really don't think Shell would say such a thing unless they were confident the product would perform well in this application, which they certainly do... at least well enough for me and many thousands of motorcyclists.
Cue a user stating that I would have no recourse unless I could prove conclusively that an failure was caused by the oil.

Does anyone have a link to a PDS for these in 5w30? I could have swore the Pennzoil website had a PDS at one point, now it’s gone or is hidden beyond my limited searching abilities.

I can’t seem to find the QS Euro on Walmarts app, is it available for purchase online and I just suck at searching the site?

Back