New purolator design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
yup they acted like they knew nothing about all that torn media that is why i won't trust them anymore..

Exactly.

I got the same thing from Chevy with the coolant loss/odor issue with my Cruze which is why I'm now a Ford owner.

Originally Posted By: Jake777
I noticed it looks like purolator is changing things up. The website looks different and so are the colors of the filters. It also looks like they introduced a new filter called the Boss?
Keep an eye out for clearance sales on the Purolator Synthetic once "The Boss" makes its market debut. Those would be a good buy if priced below the equivalent Fram Ultra.

Quality wise its like comparing apples to oranges between the Purolater pure one and Fram Ultra.. The fram ultra is a much better filter by far.

There must be a very good center tube slit punching machine salesman out there somewhere. More are going that way than not. I like the round holes better, but if the slits are open, seen by inspection, they should flow just fine. I still think it can leave more burrs. That is one more thing for the oil filter guy to remember to look at. While other customers at the store are saying what is that guy over there doing to the oil filters, or whatever those little can things are.

Originally Posted By: Astro_Guy
Originally Posted By: Jake777
I noticed it looks like purolator is changing things up. The website looks different and so are the colors of the filters. It also looks like they introduced a new filter called the Boss?
Keep an eye out for clearance sales on the Purolator Synthetic once "The Boss" makes its market debut. Those would be a good buy if priced below the equivalent Fram Ultra.

I love the Purolator Synthetic filters, but they are pricey.

I have a use for purolator. Since the 2.2L had water in crankcase when the head gasket let loose, I bought one of the bottom shelf classic ones for a short duration OC. It's only going to stay on few days then get thrown in the garbage. It's just to clean out the left over muck in the engine. I will replace it with anything but purolator.

10-24%2Bboss%2Bhogg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back