New pro tec filters

Has anyone gotten or used the new PXL57356? They claim to only be good for 5000 miles but every other jobber tier filter goes 10k. I’d like to see it cut open before I buy 12

FWIW, Napa Pro select filters qualify as jobber tier, and they list in their product description they're only good for 5k.

FWIW, Napa Pro select filters qualify as jobber tier, and they list in their product description they're only good for 5k.
Would the standard red purolator be considered a jobber filter or the extra guard? I’m looking for an affordable filter I can use on my family’s fleet of Hondas

Has anyone gotten or used the new PXL57356? They claim to only be good for 5000 miles but every other jobber tier filter goes 10k. I’d like to see it cut open before I buy 12
No, but I have a PROTEC 51358 off a friends 2020 Nissan Sentra that had 7k to post. Check out the 57060 I just posted

Would the standard red purolator be considered a jobber filter or the extra guard? I’m looking for an affordable filter I can use on my family’s fleet of Hondas
Purolator red, Carquest red, Napa Proselect, Pro Tec, and I believe the Oreilly Microguard are all jobber level, and I'm reasonably sure they're all manufactured by Purolator/Wix/Mann-Hummel. The closest thing to an OE Honda filter is probably a Fram orange, but other than the silicone abdv I'm not sure what the other differences are between the two. Honestly if I were looking to go 10K on a filter I'd stick to Wix/Napa Gold, OE, or the Fram Ultra, but according to the website the Extra Guard is rated for 10K, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the least expensive option.

I would consider this one to be a direct competitor to an Extra Guard, especially the newer ones with a silicone ADBV.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
I would consider this one to be a direct competitor to an Extra Guard, especially the newer ones with a silicone ADBV.

but it costs around $2.50 more .. shouldn't it be within less than a dollar of a direct competitor ??

The purolator is closer in price to a Tough Guard

but it costs around $2.50 more .. shouldn't it be within less than a dollar of a direct competitor ??

The purolator is closer in price to a Tough Guard
Fram Extra Guards are ~$4.12 at Walmart, Purolator Premiums are $4.99 at Menards

good deal as long as you live in those areas of the u.s. , but definitely not accessible for most of the country.

Last edited:
good deal as long as you live in those areas of the u.s. , but definitely not accessible for most of the country.
That is true. Motorcraft filters are also an excellent value and RockAuto usually has some good deals on Bosch Premiums, Wix, and Champ XLs.

That is true. Motorcraft filters are also an excellent value and RockAuto usually has some good deals on Bosch Premiums, Wix, and Champ XLs.

Yes.. the Purolator and all the others at RA have stipulations.. you have to live near a Menards.. and even then they show a processing fee but not sure if that applies to walk in .. or with RA you have to buy a bunch of stuff.. BUT .. that doesn't even always offset the shipping on the filter. . You have to add and remove the filter from your list and check your total to see if they are charging on the filter or not.. Some do and a few don't.

For anytown USA you have to admit.. there is really not much to compete with the Fram where you can usually just walk in any Walmart all over the country.

Also , at Menards the Fram is $2.99.

Back