New Oz Ford Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 2011 US Ranger Supercab XLT for $16k. 2wd 4 cylinder manual. It gets between 26-27 mpg and it isn't broken in yet.

I just don't get why all the trucks have to be bigger and high riding. 4wd, sure, ground clearance, I get it. Visibility? If you need to be higher, you aren't looking beyond the guy the in front of you.

2wd, I want it low to the ground like all US Rangers were pre-2001. Handles a lot better, especially in snow, but also easier to get stuff out of the bed.

Still, it was the best US small truck out there. The rest are too big, without more utility. the Ranger with the 7' box was really great.

It's the global ranger isn't it? Supposedly it being released in 180 counties. Hard to believe one of them wont be the states. It's a good looking pick up. Should give the Hilux a run for it's money.
It's weird how Detroit weren't interested in bringing the Falcon & Territory over. Mind you look at how long it took them to update the Focus...

FWIW a number of mine sites are ditching Hilux's (mainly warranty issues and Toyota's legendary intransigence to warranty claims) and a number have bought, of all things, Great Walls as the substitute !!?? (and it helps they can buy two Great Wall's to one Hilux too)

Yes, lots of problems with Toyota's common rail diesels...it's all hush hush, they can't let Toyota get a bad name. And yet everyone loves to trash the Mitsubishi name, actually they are pretty reliable these days - but not in the mines, the ones we have in the mines are getting a beating. There are a few Great Wall's around, and now they have finally made a diesel I'm pretty sure their sales will rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back