New Oil Or Grease You Want To Try In 2018 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
....but Mystik JT6 (regular, not the high temp) is an almost clear grease easy to find at TSC stores or online …

Isn't that a Lithium based compound, and not Molybdenum Disulfide?

I'm interesting in trying the Mobilgrease 28 Aviation Grease. For automatic slides. I learned of it here:

https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-28-Grease-S...QADFYMXA0MVK4AM

From the Mobile site:
-High resistance to water washout Maintains excellent grease performance in adverse weather and other water-exposure conditions
-Mobilgrease 28 has also shown excellent ability to lubricate heavily loaded sliding mechanisms
-Mobilgrease 28 resists water washing, provides superior load-carrying ability, reduces frictional drag, and prevents excessive wear.
-The wax-free nature of the synthetic base fluid, together with its high viscosity index compared to mineral oils, provide excellent low temperature pumpability, very low starting and running torque

That seems like an ideal set of characteristics for a gun grease.

MileHi

I buy the empty syringes like that on line and fill them up with Lucus "Red & Tacky" red grease or Super Lube grease - inexpensive , puts the grease right where you want it and will last a long time ...

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
I buy the empty syringes like that on line and fill them up with Lucus "Red & Tacky" red grease or Super Lube grease - inexpensive , puts the grease right where you want it and will last a long time ...

That is exactly what I do as well. There is no way I'll pay $10.00 for 10 CC's of grease. When I can buy a one pound tub, along with a .25 cent plastic syringe from CVS for less than $6.00 total. And it will more than likely outlast me.

I'm trying Liberty CLP. They post a ton of data on their website, have a real SDS sheet, and the 0.32mm wear scar for the 4 ball wear test and their 500kg weld load are insane for an oil. Their corrosion prevention per my own testing was notably superior to the Lucas Extreme in a saline environment. Ag $3/oz, it's also very affordable compared to many products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ws6
...... At $3/oz, it's also very affordable compared to many products.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I'm trying Liberty CLP. They post a ton of data on their website, have a real SDS sheet, and the 0.32mm wear scar for the 4 ball wear test and their 500kg weld load are insane for an oil. Their corrosion prevention per my own testing was notably superior to the Lucas Extreme in a saline environment. Ag $3/oz, it's also very affordable compared to many products.

Never heard of Liberty -- yet!
Have you tried ALG Go-Juice Lubricant yet?

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Never heard of Liberty -- yet!
Have you tried ALG Go-Juice Lubricant yet?

I have, it worked very well on a suppressed AR type as well as the Benelli M4 I used it on.
I ahve simply come to distrust "organic" type CLP's, though, after T&E'ing Rand, Fireclean, Froglube, SEAL1....

.....I ahve simply come to distrust "organic" type CLP's, though, after T&E'ing Rand, Fireclean, Froglube, SEAL1....

I thought it wasn't that long ago you were arguing in their favor?

Originally Posted By: billt460
.....I ahve simply come to distrust "organic" type CLP's, though, after T&E'ing Rand, Fireclean, Froglube, SEAL1....

I thought it wasn't that long ago you were arguing in their favor?

Arguing in their favor for certain things (such as firearms that are cleaned often).

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I wasn't aware ALG Juice was organic. Thanks for the heads-up.I'll cross it off my wanted list.
Our lubricator distrusts are eerily similar.

So far I have yet to have issue with it, over long term use, but I just...I just gots trust issues.

I'm avoiding bio lubes now as well. The last one I used locked up some firearms that were in the safe for a year.

The ALG Go Juice very thin 0000 grease is not a bio lube. Ive used it almost exclusively for the past 18 months and its my favorite lube right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back