New Diamond Cargo enclosed trailer... What Grease to use in the wheels?

I have a new ( less than 100 miles ) 7x12 Diamond Cargo enclosed trailer with tandum axles and 225/75r tires hauling 2x Harleys.
I plan to do a long first trip this summer with trailer in tow,

Anyone know what grease is factory and what to use going forward? I would love to use the same grease or same spec as factory.

I'm unclear how often a trailer like this needs grease in the axles, Not exactly sure the way to proper maintain it. I welcome any input....
Lucas Red 'N" Tacky is whats in a gun now but I can buy whatever is needed but being new, when to add grease?
I welcome any input as trailers and towing is somewhat new to me but I have changed out wheel bearings in trucks before so I ain't scared...

call the factory and ask them what they use, seems like you should not have to grease it as you stated its less than 100 miles on it,the bearings maybe sealed type bearings,if greaseable i would presume lithium complex would work.

Look underneath for an identification sticker on the axles. If they're Dexter axles, you can go to their website & download the owners manual. My two trailers have Dexter axles, and JT6 is an approved grease by name.

Dexter

Lucas Red 'N" Tacky is fine. Any lithium complex will work.

Chances are it has EZ lube hubs. You dont need to worry too much about using the same exact grease they used, but call them to find out. Have a watch of a few youtube videos or look at photo diagrams on how an EZ lube hub works. It is pretty clever and makes typical bearing greasing a trivial task. I have about 2000 miles on my new trailer and only just greased the same EZ lube style hubs last night, took a whole 5 minutes.

When to add is debatable, at least annually, but its been known that trailers arent greased hardly at all by a typical owner.

Seems to me that on a few trailers I've had, there's been enough grease gobbed in there, in places doing nothing, that I could just redistribute if I thought the bearing wasn't quite rightly done.

I think my trailer has EZ lube hubs and I forget if I "liked" what I saw when I took it apart to inspect the bearings (trailer is over 10 years old, wasn't going to chance it). I mean, how does it go from squirted into the axle stub and magically get in between the rollers? seems like wishful thinking to me. Better to buy a few grease seals for the shelf and just check yearly or on some schedule once one "knows" it's good for a few years. [My HF trailers are not good for making a year, water gets in, so they really need yearly service--but there is a slight quality difference here, on everything.]

I'd call the dealer and the factory,after checking for info on the axle.I'd also make up a trailer bag with tools.Research lug locks,hitch locks,tire inflater that works on your battery line up.A good tire guage is a must.I also use a digital temperatures guage,you can prevent problems from escalating. I would also have a jack and spare tire.Think about having to leave your trailer and chasing around looking for a tire dealer.

I'd call the dealer and the factory,after checking for info on the axle.I'd also make up a trailer bag with tools.Research lug locks,hitch locks,tire inflater that works on your battery line up.A good tire guage is a must.I also use a digital temperatures guage,you can prevent problems from escalating. I would also have a jack and spare tire.Think about having to leave your trailer and chasing around looking for a tire dealer.
Thats great suggestions, I'll buy one of those laser temp things, I have the hitch locks but didn't think about locking the wheel lugs.
I purchased a Joes Racing guage over 10 years ago, BEST $25 I ever spent!
Thanks for the help everyone, fantastic info and help!
I do not want to be on the side of the road with a problem!

Back