NEW Mobil 1 High Mileage LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now toss Mobil 1 5w30 Truck & SUV into the mix. I used Mobil 1 5w30 regular for ~ 90,000 miles and switched to Mobil 1 5w30 T & SUV. I see little difference in my 115,000 mile UOA but, give the nod to T & SUV.

I think Amsoil recommends its XL 10w40 engine oil as a good high milege engine oil. Since it is a synthetic it will have good cold weather performance and its thicker viscosity will reduce oil consumption in older engines.

Mobil 1 5w-20 EP and Mobil 1 High Mileage are coming out in Feb. The High Mileage will be only in a 10w-30 and 10w-40 grade.

http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_High_Mileage_10W-30.aspx

Quote:

Mobil 1 High Mileage is designed especially for engines where conventional oil has been used, and where these conditions have been experienced:

* Severe Service
* Extended Oil Drains
* Poor Maintenance
* Multiple Owners

For engines where heavy deposits and sludging exist, we recommend short initial oil change drain intervals of 3,000 miles as cleanup progresses.

Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-30 is designed for higher mileage vehicles and provides the following benefits:

* Extra anti-wear additive helps protect critical engine parts
* Reduces the sludge and deposits that conventional oils can leave behind
* Higher viscosity formula helps reduce oil burn-off and leakage
* Meets API SL/CF
* ILSAC GF-3 quality
* Meets ACEA A1/B1, A3/B5-04

Quote:

FAQs for Mobil 1
I thought Mobil 1 as a full synthetic already provided the protection my high-mileage car needs. Do I really need to switch off Mobil 1 to your High Mileage product for my high-mileage car?
I'm currently using Mobil Clean High Mileage with good results. Why should I change to Mobil 1 High Mileage 10W-30, which costs more?
Why are you reintroducing Mobil 1 15W-50? Have there been any changes to the formulation, or is it identical to the previous product?
Is Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology a fully synthetic motor oil?
What's the difference between a fully synthetic and a synthetic blend motor oil?
What's the overall benefit of Mobil 1 with SuperSyn Technology?
I thought Mobil 1 as a full synthetic already provided the protection my high-mileage car needs. Do I really need to switch off Mobil 1 to your High Mileage product for my high-mileage car?
Mobil 1 High Mileage is designed for high mileage vehicles that have been using conventional oils. It's true that most Mobil 1 vehicles with 75,000+ miles should be in excellent condition and would not require some of the Mobil 1 High Mileage benefits. However, most cars on the road today do not use synthetic oils, so we developed this oil specifically for these cars that would benefit from switching off conventional oil.

Just at my local SprawlMart yesterday and saw that they indeed now have M1 High Mileage in 10w-30 and (!) 10w-40. They were priced in line with the standard M1 products. SL rated to boot. quarts only.

Mobil has made a mess of the product line, confusing the stupid public even more.....

XOM's advertising is right up there with Valvoline now.

Keep buying XON products. I own a lot of their stock and need to make money!
laugh.gif

Quote:

Just at my local SprawlMart yesterday and saw that they indeed now have M1 High Mileage in 10w-30 and (!) 10w-40....

I might try the 10w40 in my GTI, since it calls for a 40 wt. synthetic. I don't give a poo if M1 is made from cow manure, and I don't care that most now feel it is over-priced, I'll still try it. I guess I'm like Mikey.

The 10w-40 will probably find its way into my 1.8T Passat at some point (I'll just keep quiet about it).
My M1 15w50 EP/5w30 (Target @$4.09/Qt) mix seems to be far more resistant to consumption than my previous fills (GC, Maxlife Syn) FYI.

Remember, Mobil 1 wqs supposed to come in 10w-40EP, but the formula never made it to the shelves, sans a few specialty suppliers like avlubes.

GeorgeCLS
Group II Member

The lab called today, Monday, 2/12/07 and indicated that they sourced two samples of Group IV PAO from two different sources and that the GC traces are very, very similar to the Mobil 1 EP GC that they ran originally. The only missing component is the comparative trace for a Group III, which is still missing. However, the lab's comments were that they are "98% certain that the major component (base stock) for the Mobil 1 EP submitted sample is Group IV, PAO."
They are continuing to resource the Group III for absolution....

Well, Mobil could put an end to this mess any time they choose to, with a simple one paragraph, totally trade secret safe, statement. Instead, all we get from EM is persistent, mealy-mouthed Group-III speak.

I too appreciate the time and money spent by those who have done lab work on the various M1 formulations. At this point, it looks to me like we're left with:

1) one set of results that seem to indicate Group-III
2) another set of results that seem to indicate Group-IV
3) a manufacturer that uses language typically employed when an oil brewer wants to sell a Group-III oil and call it "full synthetic".

This is NOT a good time for ExxonMobil to exercise its right to remain silent. If they have a leg to stand on (i.e., M1 is still a G-IV/V product), then they need to stand up, speak out, and slay this ***** dragon for once and for all!

Is the HM thicker than regular M1 10W-30? Does anyone have the cSt numbers for M1 HM 10W-30 {???}

Last edited:
i am bumping this, because this is still "new" news.

also, Merkava 4: I would hope they eventually get the spec sheets for HM 10w-30 & 10w-40, but they STILL don't have a sheet for the 0w-20, and that has been on the web site for months.

From my thread: http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/s...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I emailed mobil1 regarding the PDS for their new 10w-40 high mileage oil. I thought the viscosity might be a nice match for my 91 BMW, which likes rotella 5w-40 syn... but which would like a 10w-40 or 10w-50 even better according to the owner's manual...

Anyway, I asked them when theyd have the owners manual, and if I could assume that the formulation (without providing any real formulation info) would predominately by group III.

Here is what I got:
Thank you for your inquiry,

Mobil is currently working on the PDS for these products, they will
be available shortly.

To meet the demanding requirements of today's
specifications (and our customers' expectations) Mobil 1 uses
high-performance synthetic fluids, including polyalphaolefins (PAO),
along
with a proprietary system of additives. In fact, each Mobil 1
viscosity
grade uses a specific combination of synthetic fluids and selected
additives in order to tailor the viscosity grade to its unique
requirement.

Mobil1 motor oils are 100% synthetic, utilizing on high performance
synthetic basestocks.

--
Thank you for choosing ExxonMobil products.
If you need further assistance, please contact ExxonMobil at 1-800-ASK-MOBIL

-Matt Jacob

FWIW...

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back