NEW Mobil 1 High Mileage LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Question:
Any Plans for a Mobil 1 High Mileage Product?
Any plans on introducing a High Mileage Mobil 1 (for vehicles with 75,000 miles or more)? I have been using Mobil 1 Extended Performance 10W-30 with great results, but my van just turned 70,000 miles on my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan (3.3 V6), and I was wondering at my next change interval if I should keep using Mobil 1 Extended Performance or switch to a "high mileage" oil? Also, did you discontinue 15W-50 grade? Thanks.
-- Roger Christian, Buffalo, NY
Answer:
As your engine ages, seals deteriorate, oil burn-off increases and sludge can build up which can all result in a decrease in performance and, ultimately, reduce engine life. For these reasons, in 2007 ExxonMobil will be introducing new Mobil 1 High Mileage oil to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life. While these new products are targeted to users of conventional oils, they may be a good choice for Mobil 1 users if they need some help in reducing oil loss due to burn-off. Separately, Mobil 1 Extended Performance 15W-50 is available in leading auto parts and mass merchandisers nationally. In 2007, ExxonMobil will reintroduce Mobil 1 15W-50.

XOM used to distinguish itself from the Valvoline's and Pennzoil's with straightforward marketing approach. Now they seem to be in the same boat as all the others for better or worse....
frown.gif
this is a new low for M1 IMHO

Will Mobil 1 High Mileage oil be an option for people who have engines that leak with conventional oils and have had to resort to using conventional high mileage oils to maintain what is left of their engine's seals?

Quote:

I don't consider 75,000 miles as "high mileage" unless the engine has been abused.

Old ideas die hard ie "Never buy a car with over 100,000 mi".
Might have been good advice 35 years ago.

I wouold hope Amsoil keeps their development resources where they are and they continue to provide a few very fine formulas. This High mileage stuff is for Shelf space dominance. Amsoil would not get any benefit from shelf space marketing.

I agree Bryan. Pablo, they seem to listen to you. Pass that advice on!
smile.gif

Quote:

It's all about shelf space.

I completely agree. The more product on the shelf for Mobil, the less product on the shelf for the rest of their competition.

I could only hope this means the "Accel" SA and SF oils will finally be bumped from any & all shelves where car/truck oil is sold. SA and SF should be sold only at Tractor Supply Corp (or equivalent).

I'll stick with Pennzoil HM & Castrol HM for the forseeable future.

Yup, my 97 900 was purchased at 109k miles and in 2.5 yrs time, I put another 82k miles on it. Never a hiccup. That dang engine could have gone forever, unlike this lump I have now. I removed the VC before I had the wrecker take it to salvage. Spotless.....

Of course, maybe it's 'cause I always used M1.....
laugh.gif

So the big question is, would it be as good as Valvoline Maxlife Synth?
laugh.gif

Just what the market doesn't need, a third variation on Mobil-1. Maybe they will do away with the EP versions of Mobil-1. It never made sense to me that Mobil has two quality grades of Mobil-1.

I also bet they cancel Mobil 7500 at some point. That oil brand seems to have gone nowhere fast.

They did discontinue 7500, didn't they?

Ya know, I think Mboil screwed up with T&SUV 5W30. At my local Wally-world, it never moves. Given the fact that they don't stock the 5W40, Mobil loses.

While marketed as 75,000 mile plus oil, Valvoline says it is fine to use in new engines too. I suspect the others will admit this also. So I consider it another option among the many oils out there. In the case of Valvoline, the HM seems to be a better choice than All Climate and possibly even better than Durablend. In fact, the Maxlife HM seems to be a better choice than Synpower, though Synpower is pretty good stuff.

I hope it's available as a 5W-30 and is blended on the thicker end of the 30-weight scale. Would be nice if it was ACEA A3 rated too.

As your engine ages, seals deteriorate, oil burn-off increases and sludge can build up which can all result in a decrease in performance and, ultimately, reduce engine life.

I'm confused. Isn't this what using regular Mobil 1 is meant to prevent? Wouldn't M1 High Mileage oil be a totally redundant product..sort of like Mobil 1 w/ Deposit Shield?
dunno.gif

Quote:

Isn't this what using regular Mobil 1 is meant to prevent? Wouldn't M1 High Mileage oil be a totally redundant product..sort of like Mobil 1 w/ Deposit Shield?

Yes. It's really sad and ridiculous what XOM is doing to the Mobil 1 line. I hope they continue to lose more customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back