New GF6 Kendall 0W20 vs Amsoil OE 0w20

JWB

Here you go. Kendall GT1 Max dropped Ti and boosted Moly, Boron and Zinc

Only difference is Amsoil OE flash point is over 450. Screenshot_20201218-203126_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20201218-203041_Drive.jpg

Like someone said the other day on here that sounded completely ignorant :

" Looks alot like Supertech,only double the price "

You only learn so much from an oil from an VOA & UOA.

😉
I wonder about the base oil blends and If I an informed enough to figure out the differences.

My understanding was that 100% Synthetic Oils cannot be Group 3, only Full Synthetic can be Group 3. Amsoil OE is 100% Synthetic. I am not defending Amsoil, but always wanted to understand if 100% Synthetic can be assigned to Group 3 oils or not.

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 17.16.14.png

Kendall and Amsoil OE have been group 3 blends for years.

My understanding was that 100% Synthetic Oils cannot be Group 3, only Full Synthetic can be Group 3. Amsoil OE is 100% Synthetic. I am not defending Amsoil, but always wanted to understand if 100% Synthetic can be assigned to Group 3 oils or not.

View attachment 40490

You can ask Pablo on this very forum since you don't believe me.

View attachment 40490
Of course it “can”. Are you just making these posts to stir things up or what?

Your “understanding” is lacking and seems to have a purpose other than actual understanding.

I was just trying to learn because I read at some point (and I shared the link) that 100% synthetic cannot be Group 3, I came here for help and asked my questions. I do not understand why such a hostile receipt of my questions but OK.

I was just trying to learn because I read at some point (and I shared the link) that 100% synthetic cannot be Group 3, I came here for help and asked my questions. I do not understand why such a hostile receipt of my questions but OK.
I think it's a good question. Amsoil's OE and XL just have "hydrogenated oil" (which could be any type of hydrotreated oil) on their SDS, but 1-decene homopolymer (which is PAO) listed for their signature series. I don't really know if the "100% synthetic" claim is legit or what it even means for the former oils. BTW, Pablo is an Amsoil expert here. He'd know much more about it than I.

Back