New Fram Tough Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Walmart today they have the new Tough Guard. Says 6X the engine protection on the box. LOL!!

Here in Canada, that Fram TG filter is priced at just under $11.00

Umm...I think I will cheap out and buy a Wix for $8
thumbsup2.gif

Just think you could use this filter with some Castrol Edge that is 8X better. 8X6=48X better!!!

Quote:
6x the protection of what? Perforated cardboard... :)
Quote:
6x protection than the cardboard box it comes in.
crackmeup2.gif
I've used a TG before, but they are now $5-5.50 at Wally.

I would NEVER buy a Fram filter. Their are so many better filters for the same price or less.

Last edited:
I heard the radio commercial for that this morning and laughed untill I cryed. My wife wanted to know what was wrong with me! After all this oil talk or x times better I guess fram wanted in on that action. That with out a doubt proved to me that you can tweak stats to say exactly what you want! I guess the snake oil industry is still going strong and is expanding into new markets! BTW my wife after I explained to her why I was laughing told me that I'm not allowed to be on these forums anymore because its terning me into a car nerd.

I would never pay 11 bucks for them, well, not even 5, I did use a few TG filters though when I got them on sale for less then $3.50ea. That's the most I will pay for them. I can get genuine Mopar filters for my van from the dealer at trade price now, which is less then 3 bucks, that's the only filter I will use now, I believe it's made by wix.

Last edited:
Now Fram has a ad in the May Car And Driver. It says the Extra Guard filter is 3X better then the leading economy filter.

Hmm.... 1st it was 6X ...so we added the Castrol 8X to it, and get 14X better....Now we somehow lose 3X...where did the 3X go? I just don't think I could sleep at night knowing that 3X has run away somewhere!!

I heard a radio ad today driving to work. Fram 3x better! (I think they were talking about the Orange Can Of Death) ... wow!

And the Tough Guard says 6x the protection on the box! ... wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back