New Fram 9018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen the new Fram 9018 oil filters? I've posted pictures of the old Fram 9018 (made in Korea?) in the past but: A few days ago I thought I'd take another look while at Wal-Mart because the price jumped from $5 to $7 for the Fram 9018 filters. The new Fram 9018 is Made in USA !!! - looks like a Wix or a Champion... The media is white'ish and it looks like an excellent filter! Anyone notice this?

I'll post pictures later if I can get Yahoo's Photobook to work.

Last I looked it was $12 at Wally's. I picked up a couple of L 15436's at Pep Boys' for $2.47 each, made in USA.

I cringed at Fram's prices at WallyWorld when I had my '05 saturn before it was totalled; since most places in my area had them for more than $4.00, I just bought the OEM's for around $6.50 since they packed in the most pleats; the earlier versions even had zig-zag folds in the pleats to maximize media surface area

I liked having the option to inspect the media in the 9018's and their equivalents; the only other one that I seen that was very close to OEM was sold by Federated Auto Parts chain and it was made by Hastings (cost was near $10, but they also included new O-rings)

Yeah - why are our cartridge filters more expensive than the metal can ones that are obviously heavier and most likely more expensive to make? Way too expensive
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back