New Euro blend GC is Green?! *Pictures*

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Vlad:
Could someone talk English about this new oil?

google translator is about as good as I can do.
grin.gif

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2F129.35.64.91%2Fbpglis%2Flubtds.nsf%2Ftechnicaldata%2F129DB0C0535CFBC6C1256F63004E45F6%3FOpenDocument&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie= UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Like I said, by English I meant lay man terms, not translation. But actually, by now I figured most of now. It's pretty temp stable, will not freeze anywhere except for deep in Russian Sibiria and seems to be even a bit heavier then curent GC, which brings it even a bit closer to xW-40 weight. So far-so good. Only for some reason it's missing one newer MB specs, which was present on old GC.

BTW, I like Babel Fish a little better, but Google kept the table intact.

quote:

Originally posted by Vlad:
...and seems to be even a bit heavier then curent GC, which brings it even a bit closer to xW-40 weight.

The viscosity at 100°C looks the same as the current GC to me.

I would tend to agree with the original poster that it looked green due to the lighting. Here is a photo of mine and that is with a flashbulb...

-

cheers! Mike

You can see the "green" tinting around the edge of the top of that picture above. I have a natural light lamp - shined on the GC Gold - looked "very" green.

I think this is for those of you who are skeptical of GC Gold. The Elves left Green traces in GC Gold to ensure quality. What do you think pscholte?

Once again, guys. Oil I put in my car was two types. I didn't check ALL the dates, except for checking that it was supposed to be gold (for sure passed cut off date, all made in 2006, I didn't check the day of the year when I saw 06 since I didn't see point in doing it). One type was gold (one quart out of 9) and 8 looked greenish when poured. Perhaps not as intense green as original green. But still greenish. No mistake there, especially when I (and tech) noticed a contrast of quart of "gold" oil to the rest of the "greenish" oil.

I'm definitely not worried about the color at all. As it stated on the bottle...

"As the technology leader, Castrol continually improves performance through product innovation. This may result in color/odor variations from time to time"

What i'm curious about is the specs. I have a car that sees race duty and if it really is still a >3.5 HTHS oil i'd feel better about that. I still can't find anything on it's actual make up though and Castrol told me it is a 2.9 HTHS oil. I've sent them another email to clarify.

cheers! Mike

quote:

Originally posted by OriginHacker21:
You can see the "green" tinting around the edge of the top of that picture above. I have a natural light lamp - shined on the GC Gold - looked "very" green.

I think this is for those of you who are skeptical of GC Gold. The Elves left Green traces in GC Gold to ensure quality. What do you think pscholte?

They asked me not to reveal this, but, hey, I like to take chances. They left the green tinge, not to ensure quality, but to let you guys know it is the real thing, just matured a leeeeetle bit. It is a reminder to all of you that the Gold has excellent ancestry and pedigree.
wink.gif
cheers.gif

Doc Mike,

As I said in my other thread you're better off staying away from the tech dept at Castrol. Trust me, it could NOT be A3 rated unless the HTHS is >3.5. I just reviewed the ACEA sequences...that is the standard.

I agree with you pscholte. Thanks for the advice. I sent a follow-up email stating exactly that it could not be 2.9 and also meat the standards it states and if they could clarify and provide a data sheet. We'll see what they can give. I dont mind working with them awhile on this to get the right information. Thanks for the help. cheers! Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back