Brake fluid flush on my BMW 1250GSA

I’m a few weeks away from my one year anniversary with my GSA. BMW calls for a brake fluid flush at year one and every two years after that. I called my local dealer and was quoted $215.00. Yeah, I’m not paying that. I grabbed a $7.95 bottle of DOT 4 from my local Vatozone and did it myself. I saw on a youtube video a guy used a cargo strap on the rear brake pedal to activate it. It worked like a charm. For general maintenance items the GS platform is very easy to work on. I will have to pony up at 12,000 miles for the dealer to check the valves and cam timing, those two items are above my skill level.

IMG_5195.jpeg

I’m a few weeks away from my one year anniversary with my GSA. BMW calls for a brake fluid flush at year one and every two years after that. I called my local dealer and was quoted $215.00. Yeah, I’m not paying that. I grabbed a $7.95 bottle of DOT 4 from my local Vatozone and did it myself. I saw on a youtube video a guy used a cargo strap on the rear brake pedal to activate it. It worked like a charm. For general maintenance items the GS platform is very easy to work on. I will have to pony up at 12,000 miles for the dealer to check the valves and cam timing, those two items are above my skill level.

View attachment 195395
Great feeling isnt it?
Many do not know bikes need the brake fluid changed every two years.
I really like this device, makes doing it yourself easy and fun. No pumping brakes or squeezing lever. Anyway, whatever works well for any particular person, the key is to do it. Good job!

I use this on my Road King -

Back