new car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all. I am picking up my new car tomorrow. It is a 2005 Infiniti G35 Sedan. Please advise what is the best oil to use and its OCI.I do all highway mileage and have a heated garage. My previous car (donated to charity yesterday) was a Buick Park Avenue with 299,250 miles. It was in need of a transmission overhaul. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Here's one of about 10 UOAs available for oils tested in this vehicle:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002151#000000

Wonder what happened to EKPOLK? I haven't heard from him in awhile.

No arguing with his excellent results with GC.

Of course Krisi will want to follow recommended breakin procedures.

It appears that these engines prefer an ACEA A3 type oil like GC. I'm still stuck with old Buicks, so it's speculation.
lol.gif

Can you get the German Castrol 0W-30 up there?

What did you use in the Park Avenue? Just curious.

[ June 29, 2005, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: haley10 ]

I used M1 10W-30, OCI every 5K faithfully. Never burned one drop of oil. Passed emissions at 292K.

krisi, do you do your own oil changes or do you have them done by someone? If you have them done by someone, do you buy your own oil beforehand? Many people here like German Castrol 0w30, but be aware that you might have to search many stores to find it consistently. M1 5/10W-30, with a 5K OCI will probably get you many miles out of this car.

I have someone (gas station) do my oil changes and have good access to M1 but not GC.

Unless the owners manual demands some wacky oil specs, I'd go with M1 5w30 in your new Infiniti. Beautiful cat, BTW!!!

What type of oil filter does your gas station use?

I would only use what the dealer recomends at least to the warranty is over as not doing that could void the warranty big time.After that i would most likely keep using that same oil if it seems to hold up well.

I'm sure some people will tell you to put in some wacky grade of oil but i would only put in what the dealer recomends.

M1 5W-30 EP. With the money you've got in that G35, going with the EP version is not going to be an issue.

Stick to the Nissan recommended OCI's and you are deeply into overkill, but, its a G35.

If it was my G35, I'd run a good dino up to 20k miles with 3-4K OCI's and then switch to syn.

Curious, ever get the tach higher than half way?

Hopeful that Chinee will find this post. He has done a lot of posting on this engine with uoa's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back