How to find used cars?

How would you find a specific model used car if you were looking for one?

Back in the day, everybody would look in their local newspaper classified section for a used car, but nobody reads the newspaper anymore. Nobody uses Facebook because I think Facebook cancelled the classified section, or maybe that's the jobs section; not sure. Nobody uses Craigslist anymore either. The thing is, I don't like the new cars because of their complexity. I would prefer to have something easy to maintain, like a 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra; where do I find one of those in mint condition? :)
Do you know anyone that has one? Let them know you are interested in it. A guy I know has had 40+ cars in 40 years, and he gets quite a few of the interesting ones from people he knows that have them, for a good price usually too, he just lets them know he's interested. A rust free notchback mtx 5.0 Mustang LX is one of the one he's kept and it was from a family friend. His latest car was a high mileage 2010 AWD Audi TT for a song, although somewhat predictably it coughed up a repair that cost more than the car so he's got something simpler for the DD at the moment...

How would you find a specific model used car if you were looking for one?

Back in the day, everybody would look in their local newspaper classified section for a used car, but nobody reads the newspaper anymore. Nobody uses Facebook because I think Facebook cancelled the classified section, or maybe that's the jobs section; not sure. Nobody uses Craigslist anymore either. The thing is, I don't like the new cars because of their complexity. I would prefer to have something easy to maintain, like a 2005 Buick Park Avenue Ultra; where do I find one of those in mint condition? :)

The Lucerne replaced the Park Avenue. The 3800 was available in 2006/2007/2008 model years.

That's easy. I would track down Steven Lang who operates 48 Hours And A Used Car and runs the Mileage Impossible site on Facebook. He also has absolutely nothing to do with the guy writing this sentence. That's because my wife wrote the last sentence.

Seriously though... even the old and good stuff I used to buy no longer is. That is unless you want to buy one of the five S's. Saturn, Smart, Suzuki, Scion, and SAAB.

I’m finding CL annoying to surf on my ipad, which is how I often want to look. It can’t make up its mind how to show pictures, I start to scroll and then it reformats the age.

Autotrader likes to “forget” my search after a while, and I have to restart from scratch.

I would love to have a beater‘ for local driving, but the prices are just crazy right now. When I leave the hood, I take the long route, looking for private party sales in my neighborhood.

Back