New bike day

It was actually an early Christmas present. New De Rosa Idol with Chorus group and Shamal carbon wheelset. I stopped after Thanksgiving to check on a couple rides I had on my list. The one shop was still having a sale, which put a model up down into my budget. I got it fitted yesterday, just in time for today's snow. I had got a couple rides in on her before getting it well fit, I'm liking it a lot. Not the best of pics, but its pretty ugly outside.
IMG_20231126_131736.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
worked with a serious mountain biker, he ate like a horse + was VERY FIT!! he also was into better $$$$ stuff for his rides! they are good exercise, something EVERYONE needs!!

And most importantly, I picked up Silca's super secret drip wax for the chain. Its a wax/tungsten disulfide lube. My one Son has been using the hot wax version with what seems to me to be better longevity. I'll keep track on the mileage I get out of the chain.

And most importantly, I picked up Silca's super secret drip wax for the chain. Its a wax/tungsten disulfide lube. My one Son has been using the hot wax version with what seems to me to be better longevity. I'll keep track on the mileage I get out of the chain.
Congrats! Regarding chains, the most important thing is to keep it clean. I've used the Park "Cyclone" chain scrubber for over 30 years and recommend it. Then properly lube it (whether wax or oil) after each cleaning. And replace it when it stretches about 0.5% or 1/16 inch over a 12 inch span. That prevents the stretched chain from damaging chainrings.

Back