Bought my first commercial e-bike today

Brale pads? Typo??

I assume you mean brake pads. It could be improved with new pads, true enough.

But simple physics says yes, it's going to take more energy to stop that 50 extra pounds. Gotta be larger rotors, better pads, more force

But it's not 50 lbs over a regular mountaibike I would hope.....

Need to pay to play at some point. My money, I earned it with the sweat of my nads. :LOL: And really $5K is kiddie money in 2023, sorry to say.
Agreed! If you have the resources.

Does it have regenerative braking to help with battery power.

[QUOTE="I I feel like there could be more alternatives than just those two options………….
[/QUOTE]
I guess not much different than your reaction to $5K for a decent eMTB (which was actually $4K at the time)

I guess not much different than your reaction to $5K for a decent eMTB (which was actually $4K at the time)
You right. Theres only 2 options here. Buy an ebike otherwise your house burns down. Those are *literally* the only options for transportation. You are correct.

[QUOTE="I I feel like there could be more alternatives than just those two options………….
[/QUOTE]
I could build a shed in my back yard specifically to house e-Bike's so when the shed burns down my house won't catch on fire.

eBike and EV's are pretty much like driving The Hindenburg.

I love how everything battery powered and there are millions and millions all total, are gonna splode. Like all at once. Would be cool for sure.
Granted it's over stated, but burning lithium batteries are a thing.

Granted it's over stated, but burning lithium batteries are a thing.

Of course they are. Energy density can have consequences. But I can't read that. Paywall.

Consumer electronics fires from lithium batteries are quite rare. Definitely overblown.

I haven't heard of a major brand mtb having a battery fire ever? I'm sure its happened, but I've never seen a meme of it, and there's lots of meme poking fun at e-bikes!
I read lots of chinese junk bikes have caught fire, but that's to be expected.

Some people are scared of clean underwear. I mean it's a change!

Bosch ebike batteries have burned up how many times?

Concrete truck? No that doesn't sound proto or special build at all. Because everyone uses e-Concrete trucks.

Back