Review: SwissStop Brake Pads

After several thousand miles my road bike was ready for new brake pads. I had a hard time finding Shimano OEM pads (Ultegra R8000 hydraulic disc). Nobody had them in stock. I did find this aftermarket brand called SwissStop that had decent reviews in various bike forums. Price is similar to the OEM pads, not super cheap, so I wasn't worried about quality. Today was my first ride with them, the route has a 16% grade that I go both down then back up, going down I get up to 45-50 mph then brake for a sharp turn. And a couple of cars tried to kill me as often happens, so good brakes are essential. The SwissStop pads are at least as good as the Shimano OEM. Perfect fit, correct thickness, easy installation, quiet, good progressive control.

I have heard of these. I wonder how they compare to another after-market favorite--Koolstop.

After several thousand miles my road bike was ready for new brake pads. I had a hard time finding Shimano OEM pads (Ultegra R8000 hydraulic disc). Nobody had them in stock. I did find this aftermarket brand called SwissStop that had decent reviews in various bike forums. Price is similar to the OEM pads, not super cheap, so I wasn't worried about quality. Today was my first ride with them, the route has a 16% grade that I go both down then back up, going down I get up to 45-50 mph then brake for a sharp turn. And a couple of cars tried to kill me as often happens, so good brakes are essential. The SwissStop pads are at least as good as the Shimano OEM. Perfect fit, correct thickness, easy installation, quiet, good progressive control.
Is avid? Still around. I remember this was supposed to be a great brand back in the day.

Back