Brake Pads for SRAM Guid RSC?

The OEM pads were sintered, worked well, lasted a long time (several years & thousands of miles).
Next I used organic pads. They were quieter and worked well when cold, but faded with extended heavy braking, and did not last as long.
On a dual suspension bike, riding is a mix of everything from gravel to XC to technical single track.
I'd be happy with new OEM pads, yet before pulling the trigger on that figured I'd ask around.

PS rotors are still great, smooth and 1.8 mm thick. They were 1.85 when new and wear limit is 1.55. I true them with gentle bending a few times per year, they are near-perfect straight hold a true pretty well.

Just me but I've found OEM to be solid when using SRAM brakes. I'm not running DH on mine but in the Northeast (VT, NH, NY) and have lots of hills and rock gardens. I'm a big boy at 215lbs so my brakes get roasted.

In a stable full of bikes with shimano brakes (7 total, 6 with shimanos, 1 with guides-4 riders in our family), I find the guides to be finicky and difficult to deal with. I bought the special bleed adapter because it's impossible to do without it, and they still remain sticky and have an odd feel. As far as pads go, these have plenty of stopping power for downhill days at the hill.

Back