New and older amsoil ATF...is it same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and flush and refilled 4q with 3 new and 1q of older amsoil ATF in my honda crv, which requires honda z-1 fluid. Now Z-1 is listed on the back lable of new amsoil but not on the older bottle. I thought I read here that they haven't changed the formula of ATF but just add the Z-1 and type IV (toyota) on the list but couldn't find the tread. Is it still the exact same ATF??
confused.gif

Yes, it's just that the Honda Z-1 and Toyota Type T and Type T IV testing was completed fairly recently.

Tooslick

I'm not sure how old is older ones. I bought a case from local dealer last week to use it in 98 toyota (dexron 3) and tahoe and he said he got them not too long ago (maybe 4-5 months). So I think they are old stock from warehouse but I just don't know how old. And I just bought the new ones at canadian tire to use them in honda and I was short of 1q so I use the old one with it.

Just out of curiosity, I heard Mola mentioned Honda use a different wet clutch material and therefore require a different kind of ATF additives.

What are the typical ATF additives and how is it diffent in Honda? Did Amsoil address that by using this same additives or by other means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back