New Amsoil European Viscosities

It also says that maximum HTHS has to be at or below 3.5. Other approvals that are listed have HTHS requirement of 3.5 and higher. LL01FE has specific fuel efficiency requirements. No other blender that has oil approved has LL01 FE and other approvals EOT has. It would NEVER be approved for LL01FE.

Any LL01 oil will be appropriate for LL01FE as all engines that require LL01FE in manual, were previously required to use LL01. Switch was done in the name of efficiency.

What you guys are doing is fishing for unsuspecting customers. Most BMW’s after 2012 have LL01FE listed or LL17FE with option to use LL01FE.
Most VW’s are listed for VW504.00/507.00, and most MB’s switched to MB229.51. MB229.51 is an option in vehicles requiring MB229.71 or MB229.61.

In practice, this oil will be fine. Advertising on other had, is unethical. Not borderline unethical, it is unethical, period.
HTHS of BMW LL01FE is greater than or equal (>/=) to 3.0, unless I'm reading your statement wrong. The oil is 3.5. Where does it say less than (
1687218237380.jpg

The Amsoil SS would be appropriate for the Dexos R spec vs the Amsoil Euro 0w-40 EFO oil.

Lower SA
SS SA is over 1.03. They don't list the Euro 0w40 SA.

dexos R Mobil 1 0w40 Supercar has a SA of .8.

However, one can simply ignore the SA levels if they want to.

1687223505233.png

View attachment 161035.
The 229.51/.52 must be an oversight. Looks like LL01/01FE and VW 504/507 can potentially co-exist from a SA standpoint; an oil that is
Based on these parameters, why couldn't all three specifications co-exist? It looks to me that a lubricant with an HTHS of 3.5, SA of 0.8, phosphorus of 0.05-0.09, sulphur of 0.3 and TBN of 9.5 would satisfy all three specifications. Is it not possible to blend such a lubricant?
I don't have a clue so, this is a real question?

Based on these parameters, why couldn't all three specifications co-exist? It looks to me that a lubricant with an HTHS of 3.5, SA of 0.8, phosphorus of 0.05-0.09, sulphur of 0.3 and TBN of 9.5 would satisfy all three specifications. Is it not possible to blend such a lubricant?
As I understand it is very difficult to arrive at a TBN over 9 with SA max of .8.

Because HPL doesn't post potentially counterfactual claims?

Input them here.

I think we are still determining that.

Thanks for the link, did that above.

That's just it. Still TBD. I think it can. And I know I come off as defensive, I felt as if I was under attack earlier. I am sorry for this. I'm trying to see this from a balanced point of view, and as I posted above:

"HTHS of BMW LL01FE is greater than or equal (>/=) to 3.0, unless I'm reading your statement wrong. The oil is 3.5. Where does it say less than (
One additional thing I have found out, Amsoil is not using a Lubrizol additive package for EOT 0W-30. Not that it matters, but their numbers for the oil formulation are coming from two other additive manufacturers and the manufacturer's specifications.

10W60? WOW, catching up 20yrs later.
As for 0W30:
LL01FE but HTHS 3.5?????????
LL01FE but also MB229.51/52, VW504.00/507.00?????

Again, one of those: We know better than manufacturers what kind of approvals they specify; therefore trust us when it comes to their specifications.
So is Valvoline scamming customers as well?

Attachments

• Valvoline European.jpg
    Valvoline European.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 33
Amsoil says:

1687286222612.jpg

Valvoline specifically says what is approved and what can be used for.
Castrol Edge 0W30 says: LL01 and in the end, after listing all approvals, says: suitable for LL01FE.

Amsoil is basically saying that oil carries all these approvals. It does even say “meets and exceeds,” it leads customer to believe that those are approvals.
Valvoline? Language is IMO bit misleading . It should say: suitable for. But nowhere they claim oil is approved for all those contradictory approvals.
Amsoil: scam.

Amsoil skipped approvals but we are not sure why - that's all you can say.
How sure do you want to be? They tell you.

Amsoil changed base oils and adjusted additives if needed. What further detail do you need? Even the beloved HPL does not just hand out exact formulations for their Euro approved oils.

How sure do you want to be? They tell you.

Amsoil changed base oils and adjusted additives if needed. What further detail do you need? Even the beloved HPL does not just hand out exact formulations for their Euro approved oils.
I was simply making the point that we don't know what is better or not (a general comment), they aren't using approvals, not really a big deal but that doesn't always mean better was all.

Back