New 2024 Toyota Tacoma

Seems like they're happy it broke. Because more views and likes. Click bait material.
I agree on one hand- 2 minute video made into 11 minute video

OTOH how would we know about this otherwise. It's interesting at the heart of it, but yeah who needs these clowns?

We need more information, I'm at their mercy.........…design or material issue for example?

Last edited:
I agree on one hand- 2 minute video made into 11 minute video

OTOH how would we know about this otherwise. It's interesting at the heart of it, but yeah who needs these clowns?

We need more information, I'm at their mercy.........…design or material issue for example?
I'm sure we will get more info as they learn about it from Toyota.
I'm also sure it will be a long video. But that's how all youtube channels run, they want views and drag things out to get you to watch. What I do is fast forward until I get to what I want to know. Sometimes that's easy to do, sometimes it takes many tries. But it's always shorter than watching an entire video.

Whatever the issue was, design or material, you can bet Toyota is going to make changes fast. They said they have 22 engineers on it and they talked to the head designer. This is a big project for Toyota, they aren't going to let this go unresolved.

That being said, if this happened to average Joe, I don't think they'd have 22 engineers working on a fix LMAO

I'm sure we will get more info as they learn about it from Toyota.
I'm also sure it will be a long video. But that's how all youtube channels run, they want views and drag things out to get you to watch. What I do is fast forward until I get to what I want to know. Sometimes that's easy to do, sometimes it takes many tries. But it's always shorter than watching an entire video.

Whatever the issue was, design or material, you can bet Toyota is going to make changes fast. They said they have 22 engineers on it and they talked to the head designer. This is a big project for Toyota, they aren't going to let this go unresolved.

That being said, if this happened to average Joe, I don't think they'd have 22 engineers working on a fix LMAO
LOL, on point.
But, I bet all Taco lover will appreciate TFL (regardless how tiring sometimes they are) for breaking this. Toyota's PR department went into overdrive. They know this is not a situation: any publicity is good publicity.

Looks like another one broke...

My turd3rd gen is looking pretty good right now :ROFLMAO:

"Early production vehicles. Sometimes they have issues." - TFL

20 people from Toyota engineering team working on this problem.

"Early production vehicles. Sometimes they have issues." - TFL

20 people from Toyota engineering team working on this problem.
I don't buy that an early production Taco may have driveline issues, because its early production.
Manufacturing is designed to have a zero learning curve once pieces are approved for final production.

Or some manufacturing defect or someone changed something............

What ARE the differences from Gen 3? Anyone know for sure?
As I am in the market, I looked at a lot of 2024 Tacoma videos, especially the engineering ones. Very little discussion on axles, diffs, and transfer cases. Mostly new engine and new frame. The exclusion on that topic makes me wonder.

As I am in the market, I looked at a lot of 2024 Tacoma videos, especially the engineering ones. Very little discussion on axles, diffs, and transfer cases. Mostly new engine and new frame. The exclusion on that topic makes me wonder.
There really hasn't been such problems with Gen 3, at least that I have seen. I mean people putting superchargers in, slamming, whamming, some crazy stuff. I think I read one thing about a guy who cracked his front diff, don't remember the details though.

There really hasn't been such problems with Gen 3, at least that I have seen. I mean people putting superchargers in, slamming, whamming, some crazy stuff. I think I read one thing about a guy who cracked his front diff, don't remember the details though.
Could be a one-off manufacturing flaw part failure, or it could be the bean counters saving dollars on the drivetrain by making it less capable. Time will tell.

If it happens on Toyota, that is normal. Thinking is: if my bearing failed at 35k, can you imaging other brands?
It is actually amazing to observe that. When I had Sienna, local dealership wanted to sell me 17" spare, 155/90R17 for $305. I said: how is that possible? I got 18" donut for BMW X5 in dealership, same, Dunlop, for $129? The guy at parts proudly said: "yeah, but this is Toyota."

I knew you wouldn't let us down..... ;)

1710261021341.jpg

Back