New 2024 Toyota Tacoma

Looks like it wasn't the ADD, and Toyota replaced the whole front diff so they could study it

The A.D.D. mechanism is part of the front diff housing/assembly, on previous Toyotas with A.D.D. I assume it is on the 4th gen Tacoma, too.

It would be great if a Toyota Engineer elaborated on exactly what failed.

I had a 2014 Taco as a company truck and loved it with the 4.0 liter . When I was due to change 3 years later they had gone to the 3.5 which was not as appealing. Still driving the 2017 Tundra I chose instead.

Paco

We have about 5 or 6 on our lot now. So far not a single one has sold after a few weeks in fact salesman reports they have gotten laughed at and sold a bunch of 2023 models and used models. We have 5 different packages too so far. I think by far the white base model looks the worst lol I had to do a PDI on it. I dig the wheels but that’s it. Just glad the cartridge filters are gone now. Haven’t seen a manual one in person yet though.

I've owned two Toyotas in the last 31 years (in sig). I wish that they would break out of their "safe" thinking and have a section of the company put some more zing into models. Make a Tacoma/Tundra that would compete with the Raptors. A turbo V6 for the Tacoma similar to one would probably fly off the lots. Or just have it as an option which I think would be popular. They built the LFA at who knows how much to R&D. Money being left on the table, IMO.

I've owned two Toyotas in the last 31 years (in sig). I wish that they would break out of their "safe" thinking and have a section of the company put some more zing into models. Make a Tacoma/Tundra that would compete with the Raptors. A turbo V6 for the Tacoma similar to one would probably fly off the lots. Or just have it as an option which I think would be popular. They built the LFA at who knows how much to R&D. Money being left on the table, IMO.
Agreed.
The Japanese auto companies have never been able to obtain a large percentage of the domestic truck market. In addition, the domestics always come out ahead with head to head comparison reviews.

Back