Neighborhood getting hit hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo

I had a hoodie guy cruise my yard.

01.gif

Last edited:
Camera would have been nice. In our old neighborhood with detatched garages it was someone about three blocks away. They could be back, someone dumb enough to do this is dumb enough to do it close to home.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
there is really no safe neighborhoods anymore, wake up and smell the coffee. Yes some neighborhoods are somewhat less prone to breakends, but its a meth and drug world now. Even in Cookeville tn, breakends are rampant now and 30 years ago , it was a peaceful place so to speak, IMHO.

+1 Nothing better than a highly motivated dog and a 12 gauge pump shotgun.

I feel your pain. We had a neighbor in a rental who was into "pharmaceutical sales" and there was no shortage of deadbeats wandering around at all hours of the night. There was quite a few thefts but thankfully nobody got hurt or lost anything that wasnt replacable. Everybody was sure happy when they finally moved away.

I hate thieves. With unemployment the way it is and no assistance, available to people without kids, you can expect more of this kind of behavior. I am not saying these people deserve financial assistance, but when they see others getting it and not them, their minds come up with strange ideas. Don't be too sure that you wouldn't steal. If I was very hungry, I would probably steal food.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
With unemployment the way it is and no assistance

"Please, don't feed the wildlife" say signs at the rest areas. The animals become lazy and forget how to find food on their own. No assistance for able-bodied men. Those are junkies, punks, hoodies, "unemployed" illegals and some other careful practitioners of Shortcut Theory. Sure, they will vote for you, if you give them a 'status' and institutionalize their crime. You, people, live in a paradise, you have no clue what words 'bad' and 'hard' mean. Life in this country is so easy, it's like a sandbox in a childrens' playground. Of course, everybody needs a break once in a while, but justifying break-ins by lack of assistance is a big mistake on a path to self destruction. Appeasement of evil is not going to make it go away.

Quote:
Why would they slash tires? Thieves don't usually do that

I don't know what motivates thieves and vandals but my cars (others too i am not being singled out) were not broken into just the tires.
I reckon the unmarked was seen as an opportunity to grab some nice stuff as it has a computer, radios and so on.

Thing is they don't actually "slash" the darn tires they just put a tiny hole in the side wall but you can see its a small slit not punched through with an awl.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Burt
sounds like you ought to be able to get some finger prints.

If it's anything like my area, the police department won't even bother short of armed robbery.

I'm tellin you guys, it's beginning to be a free for all. We've had a string of burglaries in my neighborhood as well. Turned out to be some punk kids I always was suspicious of. I notice cars cruising through my neighborhood during the night that don't belong.

Stay safe out there and remember no one but YOU can protect yourself, your family, and your property.

Same here. They dont bother. Most of the time now they are wearing gloves anyways. I had left a latex glove on the ground next to the Caddy from doing car work and the cop asked us if that was ours. He said thats exactly what they are using nowadays.

Last edited:
Without getting into specific details, it's been bad out here lately. Me and several others have put up cameras and take turns staying up nights. If any of us catches one, they're going to think they are actually in [censored]. We've had too much stolen to let them off easy. The cops are ok with us beating the [censored] out of them, and have said as much. At worst, they were hitting us three times a week. Kids mostly, but some pros, too. Thousands in electronics and tools got stolen. It's gotten a lot better.

01.gif

Not kidding. He was pretty bold about it. But when he saw me get up, he booked it.

01.gif

Not kidding. He was pretty bold about it. But when he saw me get up, he booked it.

Did he have skittles?

The general population considers this behavior to be acceptable so it's up to you to protect your own property as well as you can. Keep your property well lit, well locked, and alarmed, and please take them out if you get the chance!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
there is really no safe neighborhoods anymore, wake up and smell the coffee. Yes some neighborhoods are somewhat less prone to breakends, but its a meth and drug world now. Even in Cookeville tn, breakends are rampant now and 30 years ago , it was a peaceful place so to speak, IMHO.

+1 Nothing better than a highly motivated dog and a 12 gauge pump shotgun.

What about a bigger highly motivated dog and a carbine with a flashlight on the rail?

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Without getting into specific details, it's been bad out here lately. Me and several others have put up cameras and take turns staying up nights. If any of us catches one, they're going to think they are actually in [censored]. We've had too much stolen to let them off easy. The cops are ok with us beating the [censored] out of them, and have said as much. At worst, they were hitting us three times a week. Kids mostly, but some pros, too. Thousands in electronics and tools got stolen. It's gotten a lot better.

I think it takes some kind of boldness or stupidness to break into someone's property at night in a state like TX. Unlike some states if you shoot the intruder you don't get charged and go to trial. But I guess we have Castle law and CCW and the bad guys still take their chances.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Originally Posted By: Loobed
With unemployment the way it is and no assistance

"Please, don't feed the wildlife" say signs at the rest areas. The animals become lazy and forget how to find food on their own. No assistance for able-bodied men. Those are junkies, punks, hoodies, "unemployed" illegals and some other careful practitioners of Shortcut Theory. Sure, they will vote for you, if you give them a 'status' and institutionalize their crime. You, people, live in a paradise, you have no clue what words 'bad' and 'hard' mean. Life in this country is so easy, it's like a sandbox in a childrens' playground. Of course, everybody needs a break once in a while, but justifying break-ins by lack of assistance is a big mistake on a path to self destruction. Appeasement of evil is not going to make it go away.

Post of the year material.

01.gif

Did he have skittles?

I'm one of many folks here in FL trying to collect that bounty from the BP. If I catch that guy I'm buying a new BMW.

On the tyre slashing, when we were burgled (all home asleep), they 'stole' our phone book...to slow us down contacting police, credit card companies etc.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

Wow...and I thought it was bad here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back