Need some help with information on 2013 acura mdx window regulator

Family's 2013 Acura mdx has an issue with the rear passenger window. When you make the window go up once it reaches the top it automatically goes all the way back down. Brought it to the Acura dealer and they tried to reset the window as they said sometimes that will stop that from happening. It didn't work so they quoted $800 to replace the regulator. I can buy an aftermarket aisin regulator from rock auto for about $100 and then replace the regulator myself. I don't have alldata and I cant find any info online about instructions for replacement. I just want to make sure there isn't some factory special tool or reset program that I cant do once I agree to replace the regulator for them. If anyone has shop access to mitchell on demand or alldata for info that would be very helpful. Thanks

Before you chuck parts at it and believe dealer did their full job, did you try the reset procedures yourself? No loss except some time. They are not hard. This might not be the best steps however I did similar own my similar generation 2007 MDX and it fixed the windows.

Before you chuck parts at it and believe dealer did their full job, did you try the reset procedures yourself? No loss except some time. They are not hard. This might not be the best steps however I did similar own my similar generation 2007 MDX and it fixed the windows.

Its something I will definitely try. The car is 1.5 hours from me so its a bit of a logistics ordeal.

If you are paying $100 for a window regulator, especially a rear one, then you don't know how to shop.
I'm also adding this story to my long list of reason to hate power windows.

If you are paying $100 for a window regulator, especially a rear one, then you don't know how to shop.
Why? $100 is pretty cheap for a decent aftermarket brand. Dealer oem is at least $220 before tax and shipping and then the dealer wanted $500+ in labor. How would you shop for a window regulator?

Since 1987, I have only had problems with manual windows breaking (2 vehicles) and my power windows working perfectly in 10 years of ownership/vehicle.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since 1987, I have only had problems with manual windows breaking (2 vehicles) and my power windows working perfectly in 10 years of ownership/vehicle.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I keep my vehicles a lot longer than 10 years and find that power windows use a lot of plastic parts that get brittle and break.

Back