2005 Acura MDX 100,000 mile report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Miller88
I have never been a huge fan of timing belts, but the Honda V6s are the smoothest I have ever experienced. I'm glad that, at 100K, the timing belt components looked like they had a lot of life left in them. I have a friend with a 2005 Accord with ~110K and he refuses to change the belt. He "can't afford" the change. Well, when your belt fails and takes out a $5000 engine ... guess the $500 timing belt change was cheap.

In a way, topics like this really make me wish I lived in the south. Where cars didn't rust. And I could buy something 10 years old and replace a control arm if needed. That type of stuff just is not possible here in the rust belt.

Yep, there's a real advantage to being down here in FL. When I sold my 04 service van with a half million miles that was the first thing the guy from Michigan who bought it said.

"I can't believe how clean it is underneath"...

Helped a friend of mine change the transmission on his 91 pathfinder. He and the Pathfinder are from Arizona.

I was in awe the whole time. It was just so clean.

Pics or it's just like Bigfoot. Mythical and nonexistent. A vehicle without rust, indeed!

Lol

Having lived in New England most/all my life I'm not surprised when I see a new vehicle with rust. Seems vehicles up here are in two flavors, new or rusty. No ground between.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I have never been a huge fan of timing belts, but the Honda V6s are the smoothest I have ever experienced. I'm glad that, at 100K, the timing belt components looked like they had a lot of life left in them. I have a friend with a 2005 Accord with ~110K and he refuses to change the belt. He "can't afford" the change. Well, when your belt fails and takes out a $5000 engine ... guess the $500 timing belt change was cheap.

In a way, topics like this really make me wish I lived in the south. Where cars didn't rust. And I could buy something 10 years old and replace a control arm if needed. That type of stuff just is not possible here in the rust belt.

Yep...I have the same engine in my Ridgeline. Very smooth. The transmission is equally as nice.

I live up north....but on the west coast. We have rainy winters with almost no snow most years. Cars also last a long time up here as it would be very rare to encounter road salt. You can look under my Ridgeline and it looks brand new. I was underneath it the other day and I was surprised at how new it still looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back