Need opinion on Nissan Frontier

My brother is looking for mid side truck . He like the frontier . I try get him into the full side super screw cab F150 . He say it’s too big for him . And he don’t need all that space .

anyway is frontier is good truck ?

The 4.0/5AT is hard to beat for durability. If you get a 2012 or older , change the radiator as it will mix trans fluid and coolant. They're good little trucks! Transmission and rear differential are the same as in the Titan. Frame is smaller 1G titan frame. The rear axle is narrowed but same differential.

While Nissan is utter garbage, the Frontier seems to be one of the few decent products they can make.

The 4.0/5AT is hard to beat for durability. If you get a 2012 or older , change the radiator as it will mix trans fluid and coolant. They're good little trucks! Transmission and rear differential are the same as in the Titan. Frame is smaller 1G titan frame. The rear axle is narrowed but same differential.
Yes. I changed mine out in my 2010 before this happened.

1) They are undoubtedly popular. This could be a time when that actually means something.
2) Coworkers and friends own them and love them. I didn't have particular personal appeal or quality questions to ask so I cannot qualify their love one bit.
3) The 2019 my friend's son bought (w/1,200 mi.) feels perfect to me. In his case the 4 door layout seems wasted as he'll never carry a crew around and, of course, the bed is shorter because of it.
4) He doesn't track mileage so I can't tell you if the Frontier is a fuel hog. Not everyone needs a 4.0l.
5) It seems to me there was patchy resistance to Toyota trucks vs. the big 3. The Frontier appears to have side-stepped some of that. Perhaps the bad Toyota frames fueled that resistance and the Frontier was there as an alternative.
In other words, Frontiers appeared where there were no Toyota trucks in sight.....like roadside crews.
6) It is too bad we don't get to see the 7 different engines which are installed into these trucks. Not everyone needs a 4.0l.
7) A GORGEOUS 4 cyl. 2WD was for sale near me but I passed. It haunts me only occasionally.
8) People grouse about the bland, dated interior. I say, "who cares?", it's clean looking and the seats were fine. Waddayouwant?
9) No offense, but don't the big 3 trucks seem overly-chromed to you? They do to me. Plastic bling?
10) If your brother buys one, implore him to NEVER call it a "Fronty".

I’ve rented a couple and love them. I’d consider buying one if the fuel mileage was better. A full-size truck gets equal or better mileage. They do last forever, though!

I’m going look at a 2007 frontier SE 4 door 4.0l . 82k miles . Owner say it run good and zero issue . Just pass state inspection .
About the radiator . There a new design or something ?

love my 2011 king cab SV, 6 spd manual tranny with the great 4.0! 2005 to 10 was the auto tranny issues + check out the frontier forums to learn more. my 2011 had 28 thou at purchase a few years ago so i changed ALL drivetrain lubes to Redline + 75-90 in the rear that uses too thick 75-140 semi syn OE. i gained 3 mpgs + was averaging 19 mpg with mostly local driving. all fluids were easily changed via factory plugs + port injection until the newest models a ++ IMO. the truck is the RIGHT size + handles well IMO NO 4 dr TANKS for me!!! NO body rust even thou it came from Massachusetts the rust belt like Pa where i live!!

Bad MPG and inadequate cargo space given how much fuel they consume compared to a newer EcoBoost F150.

If you're only going to get 18MPG highway then why not be in a full size with larger comfy seats and room to put stuff on the rear floor.

Bad MPG and inadequate cargo space given how much fuel they consume compared to a newer EcoBoost F150.

If you're only going to get 18MPG highway then why not be in a full size with larger comfy seats and room to put stuff on the rear floor.
I try convince my brother . I have both 2010 and 2011 super crew cab and I love it . But he just want smaller truck. If that what he like then that what I try find for him

also teach him how to change the oil too . Since it’s truck it should have better clearance without need a jack.

If he likes the interior as well as the way it drives, he should get the frontier. It can be had for quite a bit less money than the F150.

Is the F150 nicer overall - yes, but did I mention it is more expensive than the Frontier?

I had a 2010 SE for about 8 years, bought brand new. I had 0 issues with it and it was very easy to work on. I had the 4.0L/5AT. Rock solid truck. I replaced it with the Silverado in my signature in Dec of 2018. The 4x4 Silverado gets better gas mileage than the 4x2 Frontier.

They're great trucks. Interior is ancient but also nothing to break. The PRO-4X would be my first choice above all the others if I was out buying.

Back