Need opinion on Nissan Frontier

I think you're the first person to ever call a VW stylish.
Oi. Oiiiiiii!

Credit where it's due. You just have to at least give a bit of a nod to a Beetle Turbo S.

In the right hands? She's a smexxy looker. *^.^*

Attachments

• 058ef3b92d45829e3615aa931a783333.jpg
    058ef3b92d45829e3615aa931a783333.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 7
Well other than the engine being different in 2020, they've been building the same truck for 15-16 years. They've corrected a few things and pretty much made it the most reliable vehicle in their lineup in my opinion. They took the idea of "If it's not broke, don't fix it" to new levels.

Reactions: JTK
Sorry I forgot to update . The frontier pick up on Friday arrived on Saturday noon . My brother was very happy . It’s been a while since he have good feeling owning a realiable vehicles . He start to ask what best stuff to clean the truck ( he don’t know what he got himself to asking that question lol )with me being 15 years experience and spend over $4000+ on cleaning product , and try all top brand lol , Adam polish ...wolf product , shine supply , I don’t told him none of that , I want keep it simple for him and easy to find . I told him just use anything made by meguiars at Walmart .
52E98FFB-51E1-4746-B2F3-55456438E888.jpeg

Lol, yeah- is more important is just kept clean than what you clean it with. I have longevity of shine and appearance products, cheap off the Walmart shelf that whips the tails off any professional wash 'n' clean going through a wash bay and recently, passing through a "professional" wash outfit to clean my vehicles.

It's like they'd die if they used a clean, dry rag to wipe your car or interior glass. The job was absolutely ***** an hour later when full dried inside and out. It's cheaper and not much more work really to just hose it myself, only using basic clean and shine chemicals and a new pack of micro- fiber cloths directly from the supermarket shelf. 🤔

The 4.0/5AT is hard to beat for durability. If you get a 2012 or older , change the radiator as it will mix trans fluid and coolant. They're good little trucks! Transmission and rear differential are the same as in the Titan. Frame is smaller 1G titan frame. The rear axle is narrowed but same differential.
It's the 2005-2010 that had that issue. Not the 2012 and older. 2011 and older are fine.

My brother is looking for mid side truck . He like the frontier . I try get him into the full side super screw cab F150 . He say it’s too big for him . And he don’t need all that space .

anyway is frontier is good truck ?
I'm on my second frontier. Had a 2001 now a 2013. The first one had 165,000 miles on it and I beat the crap out of it. No problems at all. Nothing more than brakes, tune up, timing belt at 120,000 miles and shocks. My 2013 p4x has had brakes and shocks in 170,000 km's (I'm in Canada now). And of course fluid changes.

The 4.0 is a great engine, and it's hard to beat that 5AT for strength. I average 19 mpg with stock size KO2 AT's. The thing that kills mpg on these trucks is speed. Anything over 65mph and your mpg will go from 21-22 hwy to 14-15 hwy. They are bricks aerodynamically speaking. 55-65 mph and they're happy as can be. Over that and you're sucking gas.

If you want to mod them, you can't beat a titan swap. Since the titan and frontier share the same platform, the whole front end swaps right over (including engine/tranny), no cutting, welding etc. So if you can find a donor titan all you need to buy are upper control arms and shocks. It'll give you 10" or so of travel. So for less than the cost difference between a taco and a frontier, you got one kick ass truck.

Size. If your brother thinks the 150 is too big, it probably is. They suck parking in small spaces because the bed is so high. You can't just reach into the bed and grab something because the bedsides are so high.

MPG. In real life, I haven't found the 150 to be that much better than the frontier. Yeah, epa numbers are way better on the 150, but all my friends aren't getting anywhere near epa ratings.

The 150 is by far a more comfortable truck on the highway, but not so much off road. I found the frontier seats to be the most comfortable mid size truck (far more than the tacoma), but the nice thing about the mid size seats is they hold you in way better when it gets rough.

No matter, it's his choice, and it's not a bad choice. Frontier is a American made truck. 150 is almost 50% made in the USA and Canada, the Frontier (like the Titan) are MORE than 50% made in USA and Canada. http://www.mattcastruccinissan.com/blog/are-nissan-trucks-made-in-america/ Unfortunately, since they haven't updated the truck in so long, it doesn't meet the criteria to be judged on more recent polls. Next year when the 2022 finally gets out, it'll be eligible again for those lists.

So basically the frontier is an American made, solid, easy to drive, safe reliable truck. And if you drive fast sucks on gas.

Back